FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
"…well-made, solidly scary and disturbing all the same.”
– Los Angeles Times, Robert Lloyd
Executive Produced by Ronald D. Moore
Starring Billy Campbell & Hiroyuki Sanada
HELIX: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Available July 1 on Blu-ray™ & DVD
All 13 episodes of HELIX will be available on the three-disc Blu-ray™ and DVD sets, along with cast and crew commentaries, deleted scenes and four all-new featurettes. “Dissecting the Characters,” the first all-new featurette, studies the characters and the dynamic interpersonal relationships that fuel the series. “The Art of Isolation,” the second all-new featurette, explores the approach to creating a realistic Arctic research center. “The Future of Disease” offers insight into findings in the field of medicine and the inspiration behind a possible life-threatening pandemic, and “Ronald D. Moore: The Outlier of Science Fiction” presents never-before-seen interviews with Ron Moore and his unique perspective on developing a new compelling series. In addition, fans will get two Blu-ray™ exclusive featurettes: “Writing the Tension,” an inside look at the process of writing a serialized thriller, and “Fabricating the Plague,” revealing the state of art effects techniques used to create a devastating plague in the show.
Executive produced by Ronald D. Moore (TV’s “Battlestar Galactica”), Steven Maeda (TV’s “Lost,” “CSI: Miami,” “The X-Files”), who also serves as showrunner, and Lynda Obst (Contact), HELIX was created by co-executive producer Cameron Porsandeh and stars an ensemble cast, including Billy Campbell (TV’s “The Killing”), Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kyra Zagorsky (TV’s “Motive”), Mark Ghanimé (TV’s “The Hunters”), Jordan Hayes (House at the End of the Street), Cat Lemieux (White House Down), Meegwun Fairbrother (Breakout) and Neil Napier (White House Down).
- Writing the Tension – An inside look at the process of writing a serialized thriller.
- Fabricating the Plague – From conceiving the look of the virus in stages to creating the right mix of guts and gore, “Fabricating the Plague” reveals the state of art effects techniques used to create a devastating plague.
Blu-ray™ & DVD Combo Pack Special Features:
- Commentary on Pilot with Billy Campbell and Cameron Porsandeh
- Commentary on “Dans L’Ombre” with Billy Campbell and Steven Maeda
- Four all-new featurettes:
- Ronald D. Moore: The Outlier of Science Fiction – An intimate and up close look at Moore’s thoughts for developing a compelling series, his dos and don’ts of sci-fi, and his personal process for creating the new series from his very unique perspective.
- The Future of Disease – An all-access look at the research, implementation, and creative use of the mysterious disease of HELIX.
- The Art of Isolation – Looks at the Production Designer’s approach to creating the isolated research center - the key story elements of the setting and the exterior locations used to double for the arctic.
- Dissecting the Characters – A study of the characters and the dynamic interpersonal relationships that fuel the series from the perspective of the writers and the actors tasked with breathing life into these unique personalities.
- Deleted Scenes
Broadcast Year: 2014 (SyFy)