- The third season of the critically-accla
imed Max Original adult-animated comedy series HARLEY QUINN debuts with three episodes THURSDAY, JULY 28 on HBO Max, followed by one episode weekly through September 15.
- Logline: The mayhem and madness continue in season three of this biting and uproarious adult animated comedy series. Wrapping up their “Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour,” Harley Quinn (Kaley Cuoco) and Poison Ivy (Lake Bell) return to Gotham as the new power couple of DC villainy. Along with their ragtag crew – King Shark (Ron Funches), Clayface (Alan Tudyk), Frank the Plant (JB Smoove) - "Harlivy" strives to become the best version of themselves while also working towards Ivy’s long desired plan of transforming Gotham into an Eden paradise.
- Cast: Kaley Cuoco (Harley Quinn), Lake Bell (Poison Ivy), Ron Funches (King Shark), JB Smoove (Frank the Plant), Alan Tudyk (Clayface/The Joker), Matt Oberg (Kite Man), Christopher Meloni (Commissioner Gordon), Andy Daly (Two-Face), Diedrich Bader (Batman/Bruce Wayne), James Adomian (Bane), Sanaa Lathan (Selina Kyle), Briana Cuoco (Batgirl/Barbara
Gordon), Harvey Guillen (Nightwing).
- Credits: Based on characters from DC, HARLEY QUINN is produced by Delicious Non-Sequitur Productions and Yes, Norman Productions in association with Warner Bros. Animation. The series was developed by Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Executive Producers are Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, Kaley Cuoco, Sam Register, Jessica Goldstein and Chrissy Pietrosh.
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
MAMET TO WRITE AND DIRECT MOB TAKE ON WHO SHOT JFK How Mafia Don Sam Giancana Got Revenge on the Kennedys, The Story Finally Told in 2 Days/1963
HBO Orders To Series TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY From Issa López, With Kali Reis To Star Opposite Jodie Foster
HBO has given a series order to drama series TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY, from showrunner/write
- Logline: When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (Reis) will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.
- Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming quote: “We are tremendously excited to return to the ‘True Detective’ franchise and to be working with the multi-talented Issa López, whose singular vision for her ‘Night Country’ installment will be beautifully realized with Jodie Foster and Kali Reis in the starring roles.”
- Credits: Issa López will serve as showrunner/write
r/director/execu tive producer. Jodie Foster is star/executive producer. Barry Jenkins, Adele Romanski, Mark Ceryak are executive producers through PASTEL. Alan Page Arriaga is a writer/executive producer. Anonymous Content, Mari Jo Winkler, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Cary Joji Fukunaga, and Nic Pizzolatto also executive produce.
- About Kali Reis: Kali Reis made her acting debut in the independent film, “Catch The Fair One.” She helped develop the story with director Josef Kubota Wladyka, and also received a special Jury Mention for Best Actress at the Tribeca Film Festival where the film won the Audience Award. She was then nominated for Best Female Lead at the Film Independent Spirit Awards. Kali recently wrapped principal photography opposite Sean Penn and Tye Sheridan in the film, “Black Flies,” which Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire is directing.
Kali is a motivational speaker and vocal supporter of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls movement, and teaches young Native women how to fight, both physically and vocally, against the targeting of Native youth.
Monday, June 27, 2022
Following some point not long after the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home, Sam Raimi’s first official feature film within the MCU and his fourth feature film based on a Marvel Superhero entitled Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness begins in the midst of a journey between worlds as a young woman named America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez), who has the power to literally blow wholes in the fabric of the multiverse, is being assisted by an alternate Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) while fleeing from a demonic entity only to have Strange become mortally wounded and in desperation attempt to siphon America’s ability, which she does not know how to control and if her ability is taken from her, she will die. Luckily America’s scream blows a hole into the MCU where she meets our Doctor Strange, who goes searching for the Scarlett Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), leading to threats and deadly confrontations. The Scarlett Witch has taken possession of a book of corrupting black magic and is trying to capture America Chavez to steal her power so she can go anywhere in the multiverse and take the kids from an alternate version of herself that she could not hold onto after the events of WandaVision.
Sam Raimi is a perfect fit for fantastic cinema as in genre films and he uses both his previous experience directing the original Spider-Man Trilogy and The Evil Dead Trilogy to his advantage and the audience’s delight to craft a film rich in action and intrigue as well as signature Sam Raimi style with a touch of humor and the expected short, but memorable cameo appearance by Bruce Campbell.
Marvel Studios has released Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness for sale on digital platforms with bonus features as well as the movie only free to stream on their Disney + Streaming Service. I would love to compare the 4K Blu-ray release that will debut on July, 26, 2022, to this digital copy because the 4K Dolby Vision with Dolby ATMOS Soundtrack is amazing. Streaming has come a long way. English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired are also provided along with a screen specific audio commentary recorded in April of 2022 with Sam Raimi, Richard Palmer and Michael Waldron.
This is supported by several short featurettes covering the making of the film (11:11), introducing the character of America Chavez (3:30), Sam Raimi’s style as a filmmaker (5:02), a Gag Reel (2:29) and three deleted scenes that can be viewed individually or in succession (3:07). The interactive menus on the Apple TV 4K are easy to navigate and simple.
Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is available now to stream through multiple streaming platforms, including Movies Anywhere and is well worth a look.
(C) Copyright 2022 By Mark A. Rivera
All Rights Reserved.
Thursday, June 23, 2022
The story has Beavis and Butthead blundering their way into NASA space camp where they are mistaken for being naturals to dock the space shuttle with the Russian Space Station and agree to become astronauts because they think they will score with a woman. Of course something goes wrong and our “heroes” end up traveling from 1998 to 2022 where they encounter Siri, the iPhone personal assistant, get a lecture on white privilege and through dumb luck avoid various pitfalls that include the Governor of Texas and a clandestine agency that monitors them because they think they are aliens.
You know I used to watch Beavis and Butthead in college and I found this animated feature to be nostalgic, but sweet. It did not make me laugh out loud, but it made me smile and left me wishing Judge would bring back the series. Beavis and Butthead Do The Universe is now streaming on Paramount +.
(C) Copyright 2022 By Mark A. Rivera
All Rights Reserved.
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Arrow Films to Release Eric Pennycoff's Festive Horror The Leech in UK, US, IE & Canada Starring Jeremy Gardner, Graham Skipper Rigo Garay & Taylor Gardner Set for Release in December 2022
London, UK-- Arrow Films has acquired distribution rights in the UK, Ireland, US and Canada for Eric Pennycoff's Christmas horror comedy The Leech, set to have its world premiere at Chattanooga Film Festival on June 23. The UK-based premiere label for cult, art, horror and world cinema is planning a release in December 2022.
- The ten-episode HBO Original drama HOUSE OF THE DRAGON debuts SUNDAY, AUGUST 21 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max.
- Logline: Based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood,” the series, set 200 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” tells the story of House Targaryen.
- Starring: Paddy Considine, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Fabien Frankel, Sonoya Mizuno, and Rhys Ifans.
- Additional Cast: Milly Alcock, Bethany Antonia, Phoebe Campbell, Emily Carey, Harry Collett, Ryan Corr, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Wil Johnson, John Macmillan, Graham McTavish, Ewan Mitchell, Theo Nate, Matthew Needham, Bill Paterson, Phia Saban, Gavin Spokes, Savannah Steyn.
- Credits: Co-Creator/Execu
tive Producer, George R.R. Martin; Co-Creator/Co-Sh owrunner/Executi ve Producer/Writer, Ryan Condal; Co-Showrunner/Ex ecutive Producer/Directo r, Miguel Sapochnik; Executive Producer/Writer, Sara Hess; Executive Producers, Jocelyn Diaz, Vince Gerardis, Ron Schmidt. Based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood..
Tuesday, June 21, 2022
20TH CENTURY STUDIOS’ “THE BOB’S BURGERS MOVIE” TO DEBUT JULY 12 ON HULU IN THE U.S., AND COMING SOON TO STAR+ IN LATIN AMERICA AND DISNEY+ UNDER THE STAR BANNER IN ALL OTHER TERRITORIES
BURBANK, Calif. (June 21, 2022) –20th Century Studios’ “The Bob’s Burgers Movie” will debut July 12 on Hulu in the U.S. and coming soon to Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ under the Star banner in all other territories on:
July 12 in Canada
July 13 in Europe, Middle East, Africa (except Poland)
July 20 in Latin America
The film will also debut on HBO Max in the U.S. on July 12.
Loren Bouchard, the film’s director/screenwriter/producer said, “We’re so happy that the fans have been able to find us and watch us and binge us as much as they want on Hulu. Our fantasy is that we have to send over a new copy of the Bob’s movie to Hulu because their copy gets all worn out from people watching it so much.”
Labeled “Certified Fresh” by Rotten Tomatoes, “The Bob’s Burgers Movie” has been praised as “hilarious,” (Ross Bonaime, Collider) and “consistently funny and proudly weird” and “one of the most joyful films of the year.” (Brandon Zachary, CBR)
A full scene from the film featuring the song, “Sunny Side Up Summer,” is now available.
"The Bob's Burgers Movie" is just one of the blockbuster films streaming as part of Hulu's "Get the Big Screen on Your Screen" summer film campaign, which also includes highly anticipated premieres of "The Princess," "Not Okay," "Prey" and many more.
About “The Bob’s Burgers Movie”
“The Bob’s Burgers Movie” is an animated, big-screen, musical comedy-mystery-adventure based on the long-running Emmy®-winning series. The story begins when a ruptured water main creates an enormous sinkhole right in front of Bob's Burgers, blocking the entrance indefinitely and ruining the Belchers’ plans for a successful summer. While Bob and Linda struggle to keep the business afloat, the kids try to solve a mystery that could save their family's restaurant. As the dangers mount, these underdogs help each other find hope and fight to get back behind the counter, where they belong.
"The Bob's Burger's Movie" showcases voice talent which includes Kristen Schaal, H. Jon Benjamin, John Roberts, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, Larry Murphy, Zach Galifianakis and Kevin Kline. The film was directed by Loren Bouchard & Bernard Derriman. The screenplay is by Loren Bouchard & Nora Smith. The producers are Loren Bouchard, Nora Smith and Janelle Momary.
The Bob’s Burger Movie (A Major Motion Burger Soundtrack) with music by Loren Bouchard and Nora Smith featuring an original score and three new original songs, is available now on all music streaming platforms HERE.
Fans can pre-order the vinyl set to release December 16, 2022, starting today HERE.
Paramount+'s Hit Series "1883" Arrives on Blu-ray™ & DVD August 30, 2022 with Over Two Hours of Bonus Content, Including Never-Before-Seen Featurettes From Academy Award® Nominee Taylor Sheridan, "1883" is the Must-See Origin Story
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Embark on an epic journey west with the Dutton family in Academy Award®nominee Taylor Sheridan’s acclaimed original series “1883,” arriving on Blu-ray and DVD August 30, 2022from Paramount Home Entertainment.
The hit prequel to the Emmy®-nominated series “Yellowstone,” “1883” follows the Dutton family as they embark on a journey through the Great Plains. It is a stark retelling of Western expansion, and an intense study of one family fleeing poverty to seek a better future in America’s promised land – Montana.
The limited series produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and 101 Studios stars Academy Award nominee Sam Elliott, Grammy Award® winner Tim McGraw, Grammy Award winner Faith Hill, Isabel May, LaMonica Garrett, Marc Rissmann, Audie Rick, Eric Nelsen and James Landry Hébert.
“1883” is Paramount+’s most-watched title ever globally and was the biggest new series premiere on cable since 2015 during its sampling event on Paramount Network.
The “1883” three-disc Blu-ray and four-disc DVD sets include all 10 episodes, plus over two hours of bonus content including the never-before-seen featurettes “A Land of Peril & Wonder: The Journey of 1883” and “From Cast to Cowboys: Creating the Pioneer Spirit.” The sets also include additional behind-the-scenes interviews with the cast and crew and more special features as detailed below:
· A Land of Peril & Wonder: The Journey of 1883
· From Cast to Cowboys: Creating the Pioneer Spirit
· 1883: The Road West
· Inside 1883
· Behind the Story for each episode
“1883” is executive produced by Sheridan, John Linson, Art Linson, David Glasser, Ron Burkle and Bob Yari.