Directed by: Alastair Orr
Genre: Horror, Creature Feature, Found Footage
Distributor: Momentum Pictures
Marvel’s Hip-Hop Variants Return to
Comic Shops For First Ever HIP-HOP VARIANT SAMPLER!
Get 14 of the Most Popular Hip-Hop Variants with this FREE Sampler!
New York, NY—November 30th, 2015—As All-New All-Different Marvel charges ahead, bringing the comics industry the most-popular characters, the biggest creators, and more – this blockbuster initiative also brought fans the red-hot sold out Hip-Hop Variant covers. Today, Marvel is pleased to announce fans will have another chance to get their hands on some of these exiting homages with the Hip-Hop Variant Sampler! Hitting comic shops on January 6th, this FREEsampler will help kick off the new year with a bang, bringing 14 of the most popular Hip-Hop Variants so back to comic shops!
“The hip-hop variants were a really special initiative that caught fire in the outside world,” says Marvel Editor-in-Chief Axel Alonso, speaking with the New York Times. “We thought this was a great opportunity to highlight that and make it available to fans for free.”
At the intersection of Marvel comics and the world of hip-hop, this unique line of variant covers inspired by some of the most iconic and well received albums of all time has garnered mass-media attention the world over. Now, Marvel is starting 2016 off by bringing these sold-out covers back to comic shops!
“The Hip-Hop Variant Sampler is our way of saying thank you to the fans, but also to the retailers who have made All-New, All-Different Marvel a massive success,” says Marvel SVP, Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “With the Hip-Hop variant covers being such a huge draw, our goal is to draw fans back to their local comic shop after the holidays end.”
Featuring art by industry legends, rising stars, and creators behind some of the explosive new Marvel titles – this FREE sampler features the following 14 Hip-Hop Variants, reprinted and represented for fans:
· Invincible Iron Man #1 by Brian Stelfreeze
· Doctor Strange #1 by Juan Doe
· Ms. Marvel #1 by Jenny Frison
· Extraordinary X-Men #1 by Sanford Greene
· Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #1 by Jeffrey Veregge
· All-New, All-Different Avengers #1 by Jim Cheung
· Amazing Spider-Man #1 by Mike Del Mundo
· Contest of Champions #1 by Denys Cowan & Bill Sienkiewicz
· Vision #1 by Vanesa Del Ray
· All-New X-Men #1 by Ed Piskor
· Web Warriors #1 by Damion Scott
· All-New Inhumans #1 by Marco D’Alfonso
· All-New Wolverine #1 by Keron Grant
· Captain America: Sam Wilson #1 by Mahmud Asrar
Hip-Hop and Marvel unite once more, joining these two unique forces together to celebrate the exciting world of comics, and the sound of a generation. Missed out on these red-hot variants the first time? Run, don’t walk to your local comic shop to get your copy of the Hip-Hop Variant Sampler when it drops on January 6th!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELASE
WIZARDS OF THE COAST AND VIZ MEDIA ANNOUNCE A SECOND MAGIC: THE GATHERING ART BOOK –
THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING –INNISTRAD
San Francisco, CA, November 30, 2015 – VIZ Media and Wizards of the Coast have jointly announced the expansion of the Magic: The Gathering® publishing catalog with the addition of a second art book to the collection. Set for release in Summer 2016, THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING –INNISTRAD will feature full color illustrations showcasing the mysteries of Innistrad – its peoples, provinces, and monsters.
In THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD, terror falls from the skies on blood-spattered wings and nameless horrors lurk in the shadows. These pages, lavishly illustrated with the award-winning art of Magic: The Gathering, are your entry into a world beset by terrible evils on all sides and betrayed by the hope it held most dear. Tread lightly as you follow the heroic Planeswalkers of the Gatewatch as they investigate these dark mysteries.
THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRADedition joins THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING –ZENDIKAR, a previously announced art book set to debut in January 2016 from VIZ Media that will feature images from popular strategy card game Magic: The Gathering. The 240-page book will feature full color illustrations from some of Magic's best artists, such as Aleksi Briclot. MSRP will be $39.99 U.S. / $45.99 CAN.
Throughout its 22-year history, Magic: The Gathering has visited many richly imaginative worlds through card sets and stories. In its newest set, Battle for Zendikar(www.BattleForZendikar.com), Magic returns to the fan-favorite world of Zendikar, where united tribes of elves, vampires, and humans battle the monstrous Eldrazi across strange floating ruins and beautiful landscapes. The Battle for Zendikar card set launched October 2, 2015.
“Innistrad is a favorite plane of Magic fans,” said Elaine Chase, Senior Director of Global Brand Strategy and Marketing for Magic: The Gathering. “We are thrilled to be able to help fans and players explore it in a whole new way through this beautifully illustrated second art book, The Art of Magic: The Gathering – Innistrad.”
“We are very excited to work with the Wizards of the Coast team to release another exceptional art book,” says Beth Kawasaki, Senior Editorial Director, VIZ Media. “THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD is a wonderful companion to the THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING –ZENDIKAR, which debuts early next year. We look forward to Magic fans and players exploring all of the exotic characters, worlds and monsters in these collectible new editions.”
THE ART OF MAGIC: THE GATHERING – INNISTRAD will be available at Amazon.com and other retail and hobby gaming stores worldwide Summer 2016.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“Breathtakingly gorgeous and well-acted…an exciting thrill ride.” ~ Richard Roeper, CHICAGO SUN TIMES
“A loving tribute to the World Trade Center towers” ~ Jaime N. Christley, SLANT MAGAZINE
From the Director of Forrest Gump & Cast Away
Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sir Ben Kingsley, Charlotte Le Bon,
James Badge Dale & Ben Schwartz
On Digital HD Dec. 22
and Two-Disc Blu-ray™ 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray & DVD Jan. 5
Loaded with Bonus Materials, Including Deleted Scenes
& Three Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes
CULVER CITY, Calif. (Nov. 23, 2015) – Academy Award® winning Director Robert Zemeckis, (Best Director, Forrest Gump, 1994) uses cutting edge technology to bring to life the true story of THE WALK,debuting on Digital HD Dec. 22 and on Two-Disc 3D Blu-ray™ Combo Pack, Blu-ray and DVD Jan. 5 from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Looper) stars as Philippe Petit, a young dreamer who brings together a band of unlikely recruits to achieve the impossible: a wire walk in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. With little more than nerve and blind ambition, Petit and his ragtag crew overcome daunting physical obstacles, betrayals, countless close calls and overwhelming odds to beat the system and execute their mad plan. THE WALKalso stars Academy Award® winner Sir Ben Kingsley (Best Actor, Gandhi, 1982), Charlotte Le Bon (Yves Saint Laurent), James Badge Dale (World War Z) and Ben Schwartz (“Parks and Recreation”).
Bonus materials on THE WALK 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray and DVD include the featurette “Pillars of Support,” which spotlights the characters portrayed in the film by Sir Ben Kingsley, James Badge Dale and Charlotte Le Bon. The 3D Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are exclusively loaded with additional bonus materials, including deleted scenes and two behind-the-scenes featurettes. In “First Steps,” viewers witness Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s first steps on the wire during pre-production, as he learns to “walk the rope” from the legendary Philippe Petit. Viewers also hear the actor and his mentor speak to the physical and mental skills required to master this incredible skill. “The Amazing Walk” is a three-part series that breaks down “the walk.” In addition, the featurette touches on the epic recreation of the Twin Towers and their role as a character in the film.
Twelve men have walked on the moon, but only one man – Philippe Petit (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) – has ever walked in the immense void between the World Trade Center towers. Guided by his real-life mentor, Papa Rudy (Ben Kingsley), and aided by an unlikely band of international recruits, Petit and his gang overcome long odds, betrayals, dissension and countless close calls to conceive and execute their mad plan. Academy Award®-winning director Robert Zemeckis (Best Director, Forrest Gump, 1994) uses advanced technology in the service of an emotional, character-driven story. THE WALK is a love letter to Paris and New York City in the 1970s, but most of all, to the towers of the World Trade Center.
Directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Robert Zemeckis & Christopher Browne, THE WALK was produced by Steve Starkey, Robert Zemeckis and Jack Rapke. Cherylanne Martin, Jacqueline Levine and Ben Waisbren served as executive producers.
Blu-ray™ & DVD Bonus Materials Include:
§ “Pillars of Support” Featurette
Blu-ray™ Exclusive Bonus Materials Include:
§ Deleted Scenes
§ Two Featurettes:
THE WALK has a run time of approximately 123 minutes and is rated PG for thematic elements involving perilous situations, and for some nudity, language, brief drug references and smoking.
Academy Award® is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
On the eve of Vienna Comic Con – VIECC – ReedPOP, the world’s #1 producer of comic conventions, reveals the final line-up of guests and panels curated to entertain a growing international comic book audience. From entertainment guests like Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad) to comic guests Jae Lee and Emanuela Lupacchino, it will be a mix of US and international talent – a formula that ReedPOP has used to produce shows from Paris to Shanghai.
Check out the full list of talent and panels here.
Some tickets are still available for those looking to get a completely unique Comic Con experience.
Two-Night Season Premiere of THE X-FILES:
Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016, 10:00-11:00 PM ET/7:00-8:00 PM PT, following the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME;
Monday, Jan. 25, 2016, 8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT
OFFICIAL “THE X-FILES” FACEBOOK: thexfilesonfox
OFFICIAL “THE X-FILES” TWITTER: @thexfiles
OFFICIAL “THE X-FILES” INSTAGRAM:@thexfilesFOX
JOIN THE DISCUSSION: #TheXFiles
HARRISON FORD AND OMAZE SURPRISE FANS TO ANNOUNCE A CHANCE TO MEET HIM AND THE CAST AT THE PREMIERE OF STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS
Campaign to benefit fifteen globalcauses nominated by J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and cast
Visit Omaze.com/StarWars for a chance to win
LOS ANGELES, CA, NOVEMBER 19, 2015 – Today in a special behind-the-scenes video, Harrison Ford surprised donors from around the world with the announcement of a new Omaze fundraising campaign in support of Star Wars: Force for Change’s mission to empower people to make an impact on the world around them. This once-in-a-lifetime experience will see two winners presented with tickets for them and three guests each to attend the premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in either Los Angeles or London, walk the red carpet and meet the cast.
Fifteen global causes were individually chosen by J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy and the cast, which will benefit equally from the funds raised. Among the charities are UNICEF, Feeding America and Malala Fund. For as little as a $10 contribution made through the Omaze fundraising platform participants will be automatically entered for a chance to win and to help these incredible causes.
Watch Harrison Ford surprise fans here:https://youtu.be/8mjYjMxZJCg
“A year and a half ago, we launched a brand new initiative called Star Wars: Force for Change that aims to inspire all of us to make a positive difference in the world,” said J.J. Abrams, Director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and Founder of Bad Robot Productions, “If you were among those who originally donated, thank you. But if you missed out, here’s your chance to join us. My favorite part: instead of benefiting just one cause, this time each member of the cast has nominated a cause they're passionate about.”
“The Star Wars community blew us away in the last campaign by donating more than $4.26 million for UNICEF Innovation Labs and programs,” said Ryan Cummins, Omaze Co-Founder and Co-CEO. “Omaze is honored to give Star Wars fans another once-in-a-lifetime experience thanks to Lucasfilm, Disney and Bad Robot.”
Star Wars: The Force Awakens Premiere Grand Prize includes:
● Two winners will get tickets for themselves and three guests each to the red carpet premiere of Star Wars: The Force Awakens in London or Los Angeles
● They will walk the red carpet and meet the cast of Star Wars: The Force Awakens and experience the magic of Star Wars on a silver screen for the first time in ten years.
● Airfare and accommodation in a 4-star hotel is included
The campaign ends on December 4th at 11:59PM PST.
By donating at Omaze.com/StarWars, fans will be supporting these fifteen charities around the world:
● Africa Cancer Foundation — working to promote the prevention of cancer and to provide holistic solutions for people affected by cancer in Africa. Nominated byLupita Nyong'o.
● Arts in the Armed Forces (AITAF) — bridging the cultural gap between the United States Armed Forces and the performing arts communities by bringing the best modern American theater to the military free of charge. Nominated by Adam Driver.
● Barnardo’s UK — giving the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children the chance to reach their full potential regardless of the issues they’ve faced in their lives. Nominated by Andy Serkis.
● Central London Samaritans —Providing emotional support for vulnerable people to alleviate feelings of distress and despair.Nominated by Anthony Daniels.
● Damilola Taylor Trust — providing inner-city youths with opportunities to play, learn and live their lives free of fear and violence. Nominated by John Boyega.
● fStop Warrior Project — using digital photography to help wounded warriors successfully transition to the civilian world after medical retirement from the military. Nominated by Harrison Ford.
● Feeding America — working to feed America’s hungry through a nationwide network of 200 food banks and engaging the U.S. in the fight to end hunger. Nominated byMark Hamill.
● Make-A-Wish — making wishes come true every day for children suffering from life-threatening illnesses. Nominated by Peter Mayhew.
● Malala Fund — empowering girls through education to achieve their potential and create change in their communities. Nominated by J.J. Abrams.
● PACER — expanding opportunities for children and youth with all disabilities, including mental health challenges such as depression and anxiety. Nominated by Carrie Fisher.
● Phab — creating opportunities for children and adults of all abilities to enjoy life together. Nominated by Daisy Ridley.
● St. Francis Hospice, Raheny — providing specialist palliative care to patients living in north Dublin city and county. Nominated by Domhnall Gleeson.
● The Circle — working to achieve its vision of equality for women and girls in a fairer world. Nominated byGwendoline Christie.
● UNICEF — ensuring all children get a healthy start in life and have opportunities to reach their full potential. Nominated by Kathleen Kennedy.
● Union of Concerned Scientists— advancing science-based solutions for our planet’s most pressing problems—from combating global warming to developing sustainable ways to feed, power, and transport ourselves. Nominated by Oscar Isaac.
Visit Omaze.com/StarWars to learn more about these charitable causes and to enter for your chance to win.
May the Force be with you!