- The third season of the critically-accla
imed Max Original adult-animated comedy series HARLEY QUINN debuts with three episodes THURSDAY, JULY 28 on HBO Max, followed by one episode weekly through September 15.
- Logline: The mayhem and madness continue in season three of this biting and uproarious adult animated comedy series. Wrapping up their “Eat. Bang! Kill. Tour,” Harley Quinn (Kaley Cuoco) and Poison Ivy (Lake Bell) return to Gotham as the new power couple of DC villainy. Along with their ragtag crew – King Shark (Ron Funches), Clayface (Alan Tudyk), Frank the Plant (JB Smoove) - "Harlivy" strives to become the best version of themselves while also working towards Ivy’s long desired plan of transforming Gotham into an Eden paradise.
- Cast: Kaley Cuoco (Harley Quinn), Lake Bell (Poison Ivy), Ron Funches (King Shark), JB Smoove (Frank the Plant), Alan Tudyk (Clayface/The Joker), Matt Oberg (Kite Man), Christopher Meloni (Commissioner Gordon), Andy Daly (Two-Face), Diedrich Bader (Batman/Bruce Wayne), James Adomian (Bane), Sanaa Lathan (Selina Kyle), Briana Cuoco (Batgirl/Barbara
Gordon), Harvey Guillen (Nightwing).
- Credits: Based on characters from DC, HARLEY QUINN is produced by Delicious Non-Sequitur Productions and Yes, Norman Productions in association with Warner Bros. Animation. The series was developed by Justin Halpern and Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey. Executive Producers are Justin Halpern, Patrick Schumacker, Kaley Cuoco, Sam Register, Jessica Goldstein and Chrissy Pietrosh.
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
MAMET TO WRITE AND DIRECT MOB TAKE ON WHO SHOT JFK How Mafia Don Sam Giancana Got Revenge on the Kennedys, The Story Finally Told in 2 Days/1963
HBO Orders To Series TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY From Issa López, With Kali Reis To Star Opposite Jodie Foster
HBO has given a series order to drama series TRUE DETECTIVE: NIGHT COUNTRY, from showrunner/write
- Logline: When the long winter night falls in Ennis, Alaska, the six men that operate the Tsalal Arctic Research Station vanish without a trace. To solve the case, Detectives Liz Danvers (Foster) and Evangeline Navarro (Reis) will have to confront the darkness they carry in themselves, and dig into the haunted truths that lie buried under the eternal ice.
- Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming quote: “We are tremendously excited to return to the ‘True Detective’ franchise and to be working with the multi-talented Issa López, whose singular vision for her ‘Night Country’ installment will be beautifully realized with Jodie Foster and Kali Reis in the starring roles.”
- Credits: Issa López will serve as showrunner/write
r/director/execu tive producer. Jodie Foster is star/executive producer. Barry Jenkins, Adele Romanski, Mark Ceryak are executive producers through PASTEL. Alan Page Arriaga is a writer/executive producer. Anonymous Content, Mari Jo Winkler, Matthew McConaughey, Woody Harrelson, Cary Joji Fukunaga, and Nic Pizzolatto also executive produce.
- About Kali Reis: Kali Reis made her acting debut in the independent film, “Catch The Fair One.” She helped develop the story with director Josef Kubota Wladyka, and also received a special Jury Mention for Best Actress at the Tribeca Film Festival where the film won the Audience Award. She was then nominated for Best Female Lead at the Film Independent Spirit Awards. Kali recently wrapped principal photography opposite Sean Penn and Tye Sheridan in the film, “Black Flies,” which Jean-Stéphane Sauvaire is directing.
Kali is a motivational speaker and vocal supporter of the Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls movement, and teaches young Native women how to fight, both physically and vocally, against the targeting of Native youth.
Monday, June 27, 2022
Following some point not long after the events of Spider-Man: No Way Home, Sam Raimi’s first official feature film within the MCU and his fourth feature film based on a Marvel Superhero entitled Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness begins in the midst of a journey between worlds as a young woman named America Chavez (Xochitl Gomez), who has the power to literally blow wholes in the fabric of the multiverse, is being assisted by an alternate Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) while fleeing from a demonic entity only to have Strange become mortally wounded and in desperation attempt to siphon America’s ability, which she does not know how to control and if her ability is taken from her, she will die. Luckily America’s scream blows a hole into the MCU where she meets our Doctor Strange, who goes searching for the Scarlett Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), leading to threats and deadly confrontations. The Scarlett Witch has taken possession of a book of corrupting black magic and is trying to capture America Chavez to steal her power so she can go anywhere in the multiverse and take the kids from an alternate version of herself that she could not hold onto after the events of WandaVision.
Sam Raimi is a perfect fit for fantastic cinema as in genre films and he uses both his previous experience directing the original Spider-Man Trilogy and The Evil Dead Trilogy to his advantage and the audience’s delight to craft a film rich in action and intrigue as well as signature Sam Raimi style with a touch of humor and the expected short, but memorable cameo appearance by Bruce Campbell.
Marvel Studios has released Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness for sale on digital platforms with bonus features as well as the movie only free to stream on their Disney + Streaming Service. I would love to compare the 4K Blu-ray release that will debut on July, 26, 2022, to this digital copy because the 4K Dolby Vision with Dolby ATMOS Soundtrack is amazing. Streaming has come a long way. English Subtitles for the Deaf and Hearing Impaired are also provided along with a screen specific audio commentary recorded in April of 2022 with Sam Raimi, Richard Palmer and Michael Waldron.
This is supported by several short featurettes covering the making of the film (11:11), introducing the character of America Chavez (3:30), Sam Raimi’s style as a filmmaker (5:02), a Gag Reel (2:29) and three deleted scenes that can be viewed individually or in succession (3:07). The interactive menus on the Apple TV 4K are easy to navigate and simple.
Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness is available now to stream through multiple streaming platforms, including Movies Anywhere and is well worth a look.
(C) Copyright 2022 By Mark A. Rivera
All Rights Reserved.
Thursday, June 23, 2022
The story has Beavis and Butthead blundering their way into NASA space camp where they are mistaken for being naturals to dock the space shuttle with the Russian Space Station and agree to become astronauts because they think they will score with a woman. Of course something goes wrong and our “heroes” end up traveling from 1998 to 2022 where they encounter Siri, the iPhone personal assistant, get a lecture on white privilege and through dumb luck avoid various pitfalls that include the Governor of Texas and a clandestine agency that monitors them because they think they are aliens.
You know I used to watch Beavis and Butthead in college and I found this animated feature to be nostalgic, but sweet. It did not make me laugh out loud, but it made me smile and left me wishing Judge would bring back the series. Beavis and Butthead Do The Universe is now streaming on Paramount +.
(C) Copyright 2022 By Mark A. Rivera
All Rights Reserved.
Wednesday, June 22, 2022
Arrow Films to Release Eric Pennycoff's Festive Horror The Leech in UK, US, IE & Canada Starring Jeremy Gardner, Graham Skipper Rigo Garay & Taylor Gardner Set for Release in December 2022
London, UK-- Arrow Films has acquired distribution rights in the UK, Ireland, US and Canada for Eric Pennycoff's Christmas horror comedy The Leech, set to have its world premiere at Chattanooga Film Festival on June 23. The UK-based premiere label for cult, art, horror and world cinema is planning a release in December 2022.
- The ten-episode HBO Original drama HOUSE OF THE DRAGON debuts SUNDAY, AUGUST 21 at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max.
- Logline: Based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood,” the series, set 200 years before the events of “Game of Thrones,” tells the story of House Targaryen.
- Starring: Paddy Considine, Matt Smith, Olivia Cooke, Emma D’Arcy, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best, Fabien Frankel, Sonoya Mizuno, and Rhys Ifans.
- Additional Cast: Milly Alcock, Bethany Antonia, Phoebe Campbell, Emily Carey, Harry Collett, Ryan Corr, Tom Glynn-Carney, Jefferson Hall, David Horovitch, Wil Johnson, John Macmillan, Graham McTavish, Ewan Mitchell, Theo Nate, Matthew Needham, Bill Paterson, Phia Saban, Gavin Spokes, Savannah Steyn.
- Credits: Co-Creator/Execu
tive Producer, George R.R. Martin; Co-Creator/Co-Sh owrunner/Executi ve Producer/Writer, Ryan Condal; Co-Showrunner/Ex ecutive Producer/Directo r, Miguel Sapochnik; Executive Producer/Writer, Sara Hess; Executive Producers, Jocelyn Diaz, Vince Gerardis, Ron Schmidt. Based on George R.R. Martin’s “Fire & Blood..