This summer, the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, is thrilled to present Burning Bright: New French Filmmakers, a special CinéSalon series devoted to new voices in French cinema, including four US and New York premieres. Featuring genres spanning romantic comedy, epic fantasy, and drama, each of these films represents a bold vision and a unique perspective on today’s cultural landscape.
Four films in the series, Astragal, The Last Hammer Blow, Vincent, and Eat Your Bones are part of Young French Cinema. A program made possible with the support of UniFrance and the Cultural Services of the French Embassy,Young French Cinema provides an alternative distribution platform for films by emerging French filmmakers to be shown in arthouse cinemas, universities, and film societies throughout the US.
· US Premiere! This Summer Feeling, dir. Mikhaël Hers, Tuesday, June 7 at 4& 7:30pm. 7:30pm screening will be followed by a Q&A with director Mikhaël Hers.
· Miss and the Doctors, dir. Axelle Ropert, Tuesday, June 14 at 4 & 7:30pm.
· Astragal, dir. Brigitte Sy, Tuesday, June 21 at 4pm.
· Les Cowboys, dir. Thomas Bidegain, Tuesday, June 21 at 7:30pm. Followed by a Q&A with director Thomas Bidegain.
· Neither Heaven nor Earth, dir. Clément Cogitore, Tuesday, June 28 at 4& 7:30pm.
· NY Premiere! The Last Hammer Blow, dir. Alix Delaporte, Tuesday, July 5 at 4 & 7:30pm.
· US Premiere! Paris, Love, Cut, dir. Arnaud Viard, Tuesday, July 12 at 4 & 7:30pm.
· NY Premiere! Vincent, dir. Thomas Salvador, Tuesday, July 19 at 4 & 7:30pm.
· Eat Your Bones, dir. Jean-Charles Hue, Tuesday, July 26 at 4 & 7:30pm.
Post a Comment