Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Sunshine By Way Of Dark Star & Dark Star By Way Of Sunshine.



Sunshine by way of Dark Star. I was inspired by  @CriticalDrinkerAfterHours on YouTube, who posted a review of Danny Boyle’s Sunshine and then I remembered there is a character named Pinback in one of them and a character named Pinbacker in the other. Now I could be imagining this because it has been years since I saw Sunshine and I don’t even have the Blu-ray anymore. I think the naming of one character was a nod to another like a real Sci-Fi film fan’s inside joke. So I took audio from Dark Star, which was John Carpenter and Dan O’Bannon ‘s first feature film respectively and I put it on a deleted scene from Danny Boyle’s and Alex Garland’s Sunshine and these are the results.

Sunshine By Way Of Dark Star:


Dark Star By Way Of Sunshine:


Sunshine By Way Of Dark Star & Dark Star By Way Of Sunshine: