Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Handmaid's Tale: Season Two: Episode 10 Review

The tenth episode of the hit Hulu original series, The Handmaid's Tale continues what has been an incredibly bleak, but well written, acted, produced and Directed season. Yahlin Chang was the writer of this episode.

At this point I would have to state that while I enjoyed season two as a whole greatly, in some ways it has been too bleak and while it did subvert my expectations, the slow burn I felt the second season was building up to on one level has me hoping for some kind of major confrontation while on an emotional level, Offred's special reunion adds a bit of closure while the episodes last moments made me feel like I can already predict what will be happening next, which even if I am wrong, I should feel more excited for what is to follow next season.
There is a sequence in the episode that may be disturbing to viewers so I highly suggest that if you or someone you know and or love has been involved in domestic violence and what is essentially a type of rape, they might not want to watch this episode.
The tenth episode of Season Two of The Handmaid's Tale should premiere and stream the week of June 21, 2018 only on Hulu.


(C) Copyright 2018 By Mark A. Rivera 
All Rights Reserved.