Friday, March 31, 2017
Thursday, March 30, 2017
The heroes of #DCTV are facing some pretty big dilemmas this week. But if you're wrangling with the dilemma of whether or not you should watch, Hector and the good people of DC All Access are here to help with previews of this week's new episodes of The Flash, Arrow and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Plus, we talk singing super heroes in response to last week's Flash/Supergirl musical. But don't worry, we don't do any singing ourselves.
FLASH, SUPERGIRL & LEGENDS: Finale Previews
Before the heroes of The Flash, Supergirl and DC's Legends of Tomorrow face Savitar, CADMUS and the Legion of Doom, they'll have to get through us—DC All Access! In today's all new episode, we talk to Melissa Benoist, Grant Gustin, Brandon Routh, Candace Patton, David Harewood and Legends of Tomorrow Executive Producer Phil Klemmer about what they have planned for their season finales. Plus, Dan DiDio discusses this week's Hanna-Barbera/DC Universe crossovers and we look ahead to this week's WonderCon and Fan Expo.
TITANS: Justice League Team Up
The Titans must team up with members of the Justice League in the absolutely essential Titans Annual #1. In this DC All Access comics clip, we talk to Titans writer Dan Abnett about what sets this annual apart from typical ones, including how it will impact the Titans series going forward, what it has in common with a classic Grant Morrison story and whether it ties in with the mysteries of Rebirth.
ATLANTA – Cartoon Network, the global kids brand and leading choice for the mobile-first generation of plurals, announced a holistic slate of content for the 2017-18 upfront season that will provide something new to fans every day, across a wide spectrum of platforms.
As Turner’s youngest and one of the portfolio’s most immersive brands, Cartoon will deliver even greater content experiences that drive engagement across all screens and connects to the way their fans are consuming. Today, Cartoon announced a new slate of content including six new series and seven returning hits, as well as more than 20 original mobile and console games.
Long acknowledged for being in the forefront of bringing together premium content, fan experiences and technology, Cartoon’s success extends beyond television screens into the digital and mobile space with a growing and diverse multiplatform portfolio.
o Cartoon is the #1 VOD choice across all of television.
o Cartoon has five of the top 10 animated series for Kids.
o Cartoon has amassed a robust digital and mobile portfolio of 44 apps, approaching nearly 150 million worldwide downloads.
o A roster of more than 400 free-to-play online games with the Game Creator franchise, generating more than 2 billion global game plays life to date.
o Cartoon’s Emmy winning flagship app will get an expansion to Chromecast later this year and at least nine more games being added to its slate, plus two integrated game consoles.
“As kids’ viewing habits have evolved, Cartoon Network has always been there with them,” said Christina Miller, President Cartoon Network-Adult Swim-Boomerang. “From their first experience with a Kids network website and video app; to their first series VR game; and most recently, their first app to use ACR, we are keeping our sole focus on them as they inspire us to reimagine television.”
“Cartoon Network has cracked the code on how a leading media brand can engage with fans through true total consumption,” said Donna Speciale, President of Turner Ad Sales. “Whether it’s VOD or gaming, or everything in between, plurals are connecting with this brand globally in ways most media brands haven’t yet experienced. That presents an incredibly powerful opportunity for our advertising partners this Upfront.”
Following are details of Cartoon Network’s programming and mobile and gaming slate for the 2017-18 season:
· Apple & Onion – Being new and naïve to the ways of the “big city of sophisticated food” doesn’t stop the wide-eyed enthusiasm of the lovable buddies Apple and Onion who are destined to find their way and make lots of friends on their incredible adventure of life. The friendship comedy is created by George Gendi (The Amazing World of Gumball).
· Craig of the Creek – At the Creek, the rules of the outside world don’t apply in this kid utopia of untamed wilderness where Craig and his two best friends have ventured and tribes of children reign over tree forts and dirt bike ramps. The adventure series is created by Matt Burnett and Ben Levin, formerly from Steven Universe.
· Summer Camp Island – Having completed a momentous and critically acclaimed run at this year’s most notable festivals including the Sundance Film Festival and SXSW, this wildly imaginative animated series, based on the original Cartoon Network short, will continue unfolding the mysteries that Oscar and his best friend Hedgehog encounter at a magical summer camp. The series hails from creator Julia Pott (Adventure Time).
· OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes – Cartoon Network powers up a world of original heroes across the TV and gaming landscape together with the greenlight of this action-packed comedy followed by the console and PC game jointly developed with indie video game studio Capybara games. The knockout series is inspired by creator Ian Jones-Quartey’s childhood and follows the heroic feats of K.O., an endlessly optimistic boy attempting to level up to be the best he can be in a dynamic universe of heroes, friends and challenging foes. The series builds onOK K.O.! Lakewood Plaza Turbo, the network’s first original standalone mobile game and was developed from a pilot that was part of Cartoon Network’s Emmy Award-winning shorts program.
· Ben 10 – The newest show coming out of the highly successful franchise has launched multiple animated series, and numerous animated and live-action movies. Playmates Toys serves as the worldwide master toy partner for the new Ben 10 with a full line of toys based on the show that will include a range of figures, playsets, and role-play items set to launch at retail globally this fall. The wild adventures begin debuting Monday, April 10 and will introduce fun loving, 10-year-old, Ben Tennyson, his cousin Gwen, and Grandpa Max, as they traverse the country during summer vacation. Once Ben finds the Omnitrix, a mysterious watch that transforms him into 10 different heroic aliens, a world of extraterrestrial superpowers opens to him, which kids of all ages will admire. Ben 10 is created by and executive produced by Man of Action Entertainment.
· Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs –The mouth-watering animated comedy series premiered earlier this month and is based on Sony Pictures Animation’s highly successful 2009 global featureCloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and subsequent, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2. The TV series is produced in association with DHX Media, Sony Pictures Animation and Corus Entertainment.
· We Bare Bears – The BAFTA Award-winning series created by Daniel Chong stacks up a third and hilarious season. In the newest season, Grizzly (Eric Edelstein), Panda (Bobby Moynihan) and Ice Bear (Demetri Martin) meet up with favorite friends and frenemies voiced by Patton Oswalt, Charlyne Yi, Jason Lee, Ellie Kemper and Cameron Esposito. The adorable baby bears add more hijinks and commotion to the delight of fans. Festive holiday specials and new guest appearances by comedian Ron Funches and notable voice actor John DiMaggio round out the season as the Bears continue their comedic adventures around the Bay Area and beyond.
· The Powerpuff Girls – The Emmy nominated series is back and kicking off a second season featuring all-new characters and specials, plus action-packed battles between the superhero sisters and fan-favorite villains HIM and Mojo Jojo. The newly reimagined series is executive produced by Nick Jennings and co-executive produced by Bob Boyle, and will continue to further Cartoon Network’s commitment to STEAM education with two additional themed episodes this season. The wildly successful online Powerpuff Yourself avatar maker, which reached over 12 million fans at its launch, has now been updated so even more fans can see themselves as a real Townsville superhero. The original series was created by Craig McCracken.
· Mighty Magiswords – Recently picked up for a second season, Mighty Magiswords will expand on Prohyas and Vambre’s epic adventures as they embark on more hilarious quests in pursuit of the latest and greatest Magiswords to add to their coveted collections. Created by Kyle A. Carrozza, Mighty Magiswords is comprised of a rich hub of more than 500 pieces of original content including interactive shorts, narrative vlogs and a multitude of immersive digital games and apps.
· Adventure Time – The Emmy and Peabody Award-winning show is back with an eight-part miniseries of epic proportions later this year. Fans will be just as surprised as Finn to discover what happened to the kingdoms of Ooo while he was away at sea. This next miniseries comes fresh off the heels ofAdventure Time: Islands, which reached almost four million people. The series is created by Pendleton Ward and executive produced by Adam Muto.
· Steven Universe – Friendships are tested as the saga continues in this Emmy-nominated series, created by Rebecca Sugar. The show returns with new adventurous story arcs and specials, in which fans will meet more Gems, spend time with the Diamonds and gain insight into the ever-mysterious Gem Homeworld while the series’ titular hero Steven Universe will grow as a leader. Steven Universe is lauded for having a voice of inclusion, and was recently nominated for its first GLAAD Media Award in the Outstanding Comedy Series category.
· Teen Titans Go! – Season four of the hit series continues and get ready for the show’s 200th episode as Robin, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy and Cyborg prepare to save the world in a special, two-part episode. Audiences are also in for an egg-ceptional treat in a spring special featuring the mythical Tooth Fairy who tries to take over the holiday from the Easter Bunny. Series is produced by Warner Bros. Animation.
· The Amazing World of Gumball –This BAFTA and Emmy Award-winning series from Cartoon Network Studios EMEA conjures up a new Halloween special and continues warm-hearted adventures including an episode with live-action puppets with the energetic and fearless blue cat—Gumball—and his idiosyncratic family, the Wattersons.
MOBILE – CONSOLE GAMES – APPS
Some of the 2017 highlights include:
· The Powerpuff Girls LEGO DIMENSIONS – LEGODIMENSIONS, the LEGO toy and videogame hybrid, is adding The Powerpuff Girls to its roster with a new Team Pack and Fun Pack. The Team Pack features Blossom and Bubbles minifigures, and the Fun Pack completes the team with Buttercup. Both packs give access to the Townsville Hub area where players can fly around Townsville and see sights like Pokey Oaks elementary, City Hall, Rainbow Land, the Pickle Museum and of course the girls’ home base complete with Professor Utonium’s lab.
· Steven Universe: Save The Light – Developed with renowned hit maker Grumpyface Studios, this is a new console game with an original story crafted by Steven Universe series creator Rebecca Sugar. The RPG console game is a sequel to the 2015 hit mobile title, Attack the Light and is expected to launch this summer.
- OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes – This action brawler console and PC game with RPG elements is set in the outrageous world of the upcoming animated series OK K.O.! Let’s Be Heroes created by Ian Jones-Quartey. It is developed by award-winning Capybara Games and arrives later this fall.
· Ben 10: Up to Speed – Ben 10: Up to Speed is a runner that follows Ben Tennyson as he goes on the best summer vacation ever with his Grandpa Max and cousin Gwen. He discovers an alien artifact called the Omnitrix that allows him to transform into powerful alien heroes. Playing as Ben and his various alien alter egos, gamers will save the world by stopping evildoers, from giant robots to menacing magic users.
· Glitch Fixers-The Powerpuff Girls – Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup continue to save the day in the latest Cartoon Network mobile game, Glitch Fixers. Based on the popular episode “Viral Spiral,” Glitch Fixers is a turn-based puzzler that takes gamers on a wild digital ride. Using virtual command blocks, Bubbles is tasked with helping Blossom and Buttercup escape the internet and defeat the evil Amoeba Boys through the power of coding.
· Surely You Quest – As part of a connected hub that includes the linear series Mighty Magsiwords, the newest mobile game links to another integrated app MagiMobile, to give fans access to their Magiswords and allow them to expand their collections. Gamers can use the swords they previously earned in MagiMobile for gameplay in Surely You Quest, and the more fans watch and engage with MagiMobile, the more options they will have for battles in the game.
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Freeform’s #1 Original Series Reveals Its Biggest Secret
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: THE SEVENTH AND FINAL SEASON
Includes All 20 Episodes, the Special Episode “Pretty Little Liars: A-List Wrap Party," Nine Exciting New Featurettes, and Deleted Scenes
"A”vailable on DVD on July 25, 2017
Pretty Little Liars: The Complete Series Will Also Be Available Day-And-Date and Will Contain All 161 Episodes From All Seven Seasons
BURBANK, CA (March 29, 2017) – After seven incredible seasons, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group marks the end of an era with its final installment of the suspenseful and seductive series with the release of Pretty Little Liars: The Seventh and Final Season on DVD July 25, 2017. Pretty Little Liars stars Troian Bellisario (Lauren, JAG), Ashley Benson (Spring Breakers, Pixels), Tyler Blackburn (Ravenswood), Lucy Hale (Scream 4, Privileged), Ian Harding (Addiction: A 60’s Love Story), Shay Mitchell (Aaron Stone), Andrea Parker (Desperate Housewives, Less Than Perfect), Janel Parrish (Celeste and Jesse Forever, Bratz) and Sasha Pieterse (Heroes, X-Men: First Class).The four-disc set contains all 20 episodes from the seventh season, the special episode “Pretty Little Liars: A-List Wrap Party," plus nine all-new featurettes and deleted scenes. Pretty Little Liars: The Seventh and Final Season is priced to own at $49.99 SRP.
In season six, the series leaped forward five years, when a shocking event brought the girls — now young women — together again, back in the town of Rosewood, to face a new threat. Now, in the seventh and final season of the most trend-setting series ever, the girls band together to unearth answers to the last remaining secrets and take down “Uber A” for good in the most surprising and romantic season yet.
Pretty Little Liars: The Complete Series will also be available on July 25 on DVD. The set will retail for $209.99 SRP, representing a substantial savings over purchasing all seven seasons individually.
“It’s been an unbelievable seven season run for the Pretty Little Liars, with over 1 million DVDs sold nationwide," said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, Television Marketing. "With over an hour and a half of bonus content, the devoted fan base for the phenomenal franchise is going to love this final installment to complete their Pretty Little Liars library."
Pretty Little Liars is Freeforms #1 series in all Households, Total Viewers, Teens & Female Teens, and Adults & Women 12-34, 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54. Season 7 is averaging 2.2M viewers⃰, and the show won the 2016 People’s Choice Award for Favorite Cable TV Drama; it was nominated for the same award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2017 winning in 2012, 2015, 2016. The series also won six 2016 Teen Choice Awards, including a win for Choice TV Show – Drama for the series.
*Source: Nielsen National TV View, Live + 7 Day Ratings Excluding Repeats, Specials, and <5 Telecasts; Season To-Date = 5/30/16-12/18/16
Based on the series of books by Sara Shepard, Pretty Little Liars is from Alloy Entertainment, Long Lake Media and Russian Hill Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television. The executive producers are I. Marlene King (Just My Luck, If These Walls Could Talk, Now and Then), Oliver Goldstick (Ugly Betty, Lipstick Jungle), Leslie Morgenstein (The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, Gossip Girl), Joseph Dougherty (thirtysomething, Saving Grace) and Charlie Craig (The 100, Rizzoli & Isles,The X Files).
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: THE SEVENTH AND FINAL SEASON
DVD BONUS FEATURES
· Inside the PLL Sheets
· That PLL Boy is Mine
· A PLL Proposal
· A Surprising Mary Drake
· Hot for Haleb
· Say I Do
· The Final Sendoff From Rosewood
· A.D.: The Ultimate Suspect
· Thank You to Fans
· Pretty Little Liars: A-List Wrap Party (Special)
· Deleted Scenes
19 ONE-HOUR EPISODES + 1 TWO-HOUR FINALE
1. Tick-Tock, Bitches
3. The Talented Mr. Rollins
4. Hit and Run, Run, Run!
5. Along Comes Mary
6. Wanted: Dead or Alive
7. Original G'A'ngsters
8. Exes and OMGs
9. The Wrath of Kahn
10. The Darkest Knight
12. These Boots Were Made for Stalking
13. Hold Your Piece
14. Power Play
15. In the Eyes Abides the Heart
16. The Glove that Rocks the Cradle
17. Driving Miss Crazy
18. Choose or Lose
19. Farewell, My Lovely
20. Till DeAth Do Us Part (2hrs)
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: THE SEVENTH AND FINAL SEASON
Street Date: July 25, 2017
Running Time: Feature Approx 924 min., Special Features: Approx. 90 min.
Price: $49.99 SRP
Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Widescreen
Dolby Surround 5.1 (English)
Storm King Comics Winning Awardable Notoriety
(Hollywood, CA-March 29th, 2017) Award winning publisher Storm King Comics has been on a role achieving critical acclaim and recognition in multiple markets. After winning their second Ghastly award for John Carpenter's Tales for HalloweeNight Volume 2 for Best Anthology, they have been nominated as finalists in multiple categories in the 19th annual Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards. John Carpenter’s Asylum Volume 2 is a finalist in the Graphic Novels & Comics Category and John Carpenter’s Tales for a HalloweeNight Volume 2 is a finalist in both the Graphic Novels and Comics Category as well as the Anthologies category. You can see a list of all of the finalists at https://awards.forewordreviews.com/finalists/2016/.
“Choosing finalists for the INDIES is always the highlight of our year, but the choice was more difficult this time around due to the high quality of submissions,” said Victoria Sutherland, publisher of Foreword Reviews. “Each new book award season proves again how independent publishers are the real innovators in the industry.”
Storm King CEO Sandy King Carpenter remarked “Every single one of our graphic novels have seen recognition in both the horror market and in the book trade. As a John Carpenter brand I am so pleased that we are still impressing our core fans after all these years. To do the same outside the market is just icing on the cake.”
INDIES finalists are moved on to final judging by an expert panel of librarians and booksellers curated specifically for each genre and who will determine the books who will be named Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Award winners. Winners in each genre—along with Editor’s Choice winners, and Foreword’s INDIE Publisher of the Year—will be announced during the 2017 American Library Association Annual Conference in Chicago on June 24, 2017.
About Foreword: Founded in 1998, Foreword Magazine, Inc, d.b.a Foreword Reviews is an independent media company featuring a Folio:Award-winning print magazine, stable of e-newsletters, and an online platform. Foreword exclusively covers small, university, and independent (non “Big 5”) publishers, the books they publish, and the creators they work with. Foreword is based in Traverse City, Michigan, USA, and has employees and writers all over the world.
About Storm King Productions:
Storm King Productions is headed up by writer producer powerhouse Sandy King Carpenter. Storm King focuses on artistic storytelling in all forms. Their flagship comic book title John Carpenter’s Asylum has become a global fan favorite. Storm King Comics is a division of Storm King Productions.
Director: Justin Barber
Writers: T.S. Nowlin and Justin Barber
Producers: Wes Ball, T.S. Nowlin, Ridley Scott, Mark Canton, Courtney Solomon
Genre: Thriller, Sci-Fi, Horror, Drama
Studio: Cinelou Films
Phoenix Forgotten tells the story of three teens who went into the desert shortly after the incident, hoping to document the strange events occurring in their town. They disappeared that night, and were never seen again. Now, on the twentieth anniversary of their disappearance, unseen footage has finally been discovered, chronicling the final hours of their fateful expedition. For the first time ever, the truth will be revealed...