Saturday, March 28, 2020
Thursday, March 26, 2020
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Monday, March 23, 2020
Sunday, March 22, 2020
Friday, March 20, 2020
Thursday, March 19, 2020
Blue Underground set to release ZOMBIE and MANIAC
on 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 26th
Blue Underground is proud to present critically acclaimed restorations of ZOMBIE and MANIAC in true 4K Ultra High Definition with Dolby Vision HDR and a new Dolby Atmos audio mix, bursting at the seams with hours of new and archival extras.
"We put a lot of time and work into restoring films like MANIAC and ZOMBIE," said William Lustig, President of Blue Underground. " We're thrilled that fans can now view them at home in true 4K Ultra HD, with Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range and new Dolby Atmos audio mixes."
The Dead Are Among Us on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray!
In Italy, it was considered the 'unofficial sequel' to DAWN OF THE DEAD. In England, it was known as ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS and banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line "WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!" Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS), and Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by 'Maestro Of Gore' Lucio Fulci (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, THE NEW YORK RIPPER) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!
Disc 1 (4K UHD Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
* Audio Commentary #1 with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
* Audio Commentary #2 with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
* When The Earth Spits Out The Dead - Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
* Theatrical Trailers
* TV Spots
* Radio Spots
* Poster & Still Gallery
* Guillermo del Toro Intro
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
* Zombie Wasteland - Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell'Acqua
* Flesh Eaters on Film - Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
* Deadtime Stories - Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
* World of the Dead - Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
* Zombi Italiano - Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
* Notes on a Headstone - Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
* All in the Family - Interview with Antonella Fulci
* Zombie Lover - Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
ZOMBIE (3-Disc Limited Edition) Blu-ray Reviews:
* "5 out of 5! The release is sourced from an exclusive new 4K restoration that is simply a thing of beauty. I think that it is the best work that the folks at Blue Underground have done to date... All in all, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the folks at Blue Underground have produced the definitive master and release of ZOMBIE. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!" - Blu-ray.com
* "Blue Underground has delivered the definitive home video release of ZOMBIE... It's difficult to imagine this 4K remaster and three-disc limited edition ever being dethroned... One of the most extraordinary cult cinema packages I've ever come across. I haven't awarded this site's highest rating to a title in more than two years, but Blue Underground's astonishing efforts here are richly deserving. DVD Talk Collector Series" - DVD Talk
* "ZOMBIE is a spaghetti splatter cornerstone that looks better than ever in Blue Underground's new 4K restoration-one of the few absolute 'must-own' releases for horror fans this year!" - Rue Morgue* "Fulci gets so many elements of this film right - atmosphere, gore, story, decent characterization. This is Criterion-level treatment, and in some ways even more impressive. Undoubtedly, some of the best work Blue Underground has ever done, and if you're familiar with their transfers that's saying a lot. This is a no-brainer pick as one of the year's best home video releases!" - Dread Central
* "Blue Underground's work on this title blew all of my expectations out of the water - the transfer truly is a revelation. After years of seeing this film in substandard quality, it's a shock to see it in such pristine quality - almost as if it was shot yesterday. Add to that a large extras selection and you have one of the finest Blu-ray horror releases of the year. Beyond recommended!" - The Digital Bits
The Notorious Horror Classic! Now on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray!
Frank Zito (a career performance by writer/executive producer Joe Spinell of ROCKY and THE GODFATHER fame) is a deeply disturbed man, haunted by the traumas of unspeakable childhood abuse. And when these horrific memories begin to scream inside his mind, Frank prowls the seedy streets of New York City to stalk and slaughter innocent young women. Now Frank has begun a relationship with a beautiful photographer (Caroline Munro of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME), yet his vile compulsions remain. These are the atrocities of a human monster. This is the story of a MANIAC.
Directed by William Lustig (MANIAC COP 2, VIGILANTE) and featuring landmark gore effects by Tom Savini (DAWN OF THE DEAD, FRIDAY THE 13th), this relentlessly shocking and disturbing film was originally banned or censored all over the world due to its graphic violence.
Disc 1 (4K UHD Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
* Audio Commentary #1 with Producer/Director William Lustig and Producer Andrew Garroni
* Audio Commentary #2 with Producer/Director William Lustig, Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini, Editor Lorenzo Marinelli, and Joe Spinell's Assistant Luke Walter
* Theatrical Trailers
* TV Spots
* Radio Spots
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
* MANIAC Outtakes
* Returning to the Scene of the Crime with William Lustig
* Anna and the Killer - Interview with Star Caroline Munro
* The Death Dealer - Interview with Special Make-Up Effects Artist Tom Savini
* Dark Notes - Interview with Composer Jay Chattaway
* Maniac Men - Interview with Songwriters Michael Sembello and Dennis Matkosky
* The Joe Spinell Story
* Mr. Robbie: Maniac 2 Promo Reel
* MANIAC Publicity
* MANIAC Controversy
MANIAC (3-Disc Limited Edition) Blu-ray Reviews:
* "5 out of 5! It is sourced from an outstanding 4K remaster that will end up being the final makeover that the film gets on the home video market. The bonus material that was gathered for the release...is beyond overwhelming. Simply put, the folks at Blue Underground went to work to produce the definitive home video release of MANIAC and they delivered it. As far as I am concerned this is the type of top-quality work that deserves a perfect overall score. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!"- Blu-ray.com
* "5 out of 5! This new 4K restoration of the original true 16MM negatives looks absolutely stellar. The folks at Blue Underground have absolutely done this film justice with this new 'Limited Edition' Blu-ray Disc release. It's sheer perfection in every single area. 5 across the board here for ratings, and that's something very rare for me to be able to justify!" - High Def Disc News
* "MANIAC is a horror classic. Blue Underground has treated it as such. A near flawless transfer, thoughtful audio commentaries, and a wealth of extras. As a result, MANIAC is a 'Top 10 Blu-Rays of the Year' level release. HIGHEST POSSIBLE RECOMMENDATION!!!" - The Movie Isle
* "10 out of 10! Blue Underground are heads and shoulders the fan's company as they are bringing us all these amazing films from our youth in stunning high definition and amazing quality with a lot of great special features. MANIAC on Blu-ray is a must buy!" - Wicked Channel
* "Almost forty years later, MANIAC has lost none of its power to shock... Blue Underground's Blu-ray reissue is a thing of morbid beauty, presenting the picture in a gorgeous new transfer, with really strong audio and with a couple of important new extras and all of the archival material from past editions as well. Highly recommended" - Rock! Shock! Pop!
* "MANIAC is just not a film you can ignore . . . especially in its final moments. Blue Underground presents the 4K restoration of MANIAC on Blu-ray with stunning results. With an upgrade in sound and in vision, this low budget shocker, originally filmed on 16mm, looks almost new again!" - Reel Reviews
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
Sunday, March 15, 2020
Friday, March 13, 2020
40 Years Later…Return to Camp Crystal Lake
Killer 40th Anniversary Blu-ray Steelbook Arrives May 5, 2020Revisit one of the most influential horror movies of all time with the 40thAnniversary Blu-ray Steelbook of FRIDAY THE 13TH, debuting on May 5, 2020 from Paramount Home Entertainment
Originally released on May 9, 1980,FRIDAY THE 13TH captured audiences’ imaginations and permeated our collective psyche. The film spawned one of the longest-running and most successful horror franchises in film history with 11 subsequent movies and, 40 years later, the iconic machete-wielding killer continues to haunt, fascinate and terrify new generations.
The FRIDAY THE 13TH Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook features artwork from the original movie poster and includes the uncut, unrated version of the film, as well as access to a digital copy of the original theatrical version. Plus, plunge deeper into the film with previously released bonus content including commentary, interviews with cast and crew, and behind-the-scenes featurettes.
FRIDAY THE 13TH follows a group of young counselors preparing for the reopening of Camp Crystal Lake, where a boy drowned years earlier. One by one, the counselors are stalked by a mysterious and violent killer. The film stars Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, and Kevin Bacon.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™ Worldwide Launch - March 26 exclusively first on iPhone and iPad 1 Million Players Pre-Orders to Date, New Rewards for 3 Million Pre-orders
Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™ Worldwide Launch - March 26 exclusively first on iPhone and iPad
1 Million Players Pre-Orders to Date, New Rewards for 3 Million Pre-orders
Montreal, Canada –- March 11th, 2020— Behaviour™ Interactive, GAEA, and HBO® are proud to announce that Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™ will officially launch exclusively first on the App Store for iPhone and iPad on March 26. The highly-anticipated mobile strategy RPG has surpassed 1 million pre-orders. All players who signed up for pre-orders will receive an exclusive milestone reward of 10 Shards for Daenerys Breaker of Chains.
In Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall, players take command of the Night’s Watch to defend Westeros in an original story involving the mysteries Beyond the Wall and the Three-Eyed Raven. Along the way, players recruit original characters as well as their fan favourites from around the Seven Kingdoms to join the fight beyond the wall on an all new adventure set fifty years before the beloved HBO series.
The Whispering Woods - Using the magic of the weirwood trees, players explore the past, present, and future of iconic characters such as Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Jaime Lannister, Melisandre, and Tormund Giantsbane.
Master the Battlefield - As the new Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch, players assemble their favourite characters from dozens of squad combinations to dominate hand-crafted battlefields in a classic grid combat system updated for mobile play.
Command the Night’s Watch - Recruit characters from around the Known World to guard the realms of men across multiple game modes: crossbowmen from The Westerlands, scoundrels from King’s Landing, spearmen from Dorne, or exotic fighters from The Free Cities. Combine dozens of unique collectible heroes and recruits to exact unlimited battle strategies and dominate the land.
To encourage additional pre-orders, sign-ups will open again on March 11th with new rewards announced for 1.5, 2, and 3 million pre-orders.
These rewards include:
1.5M reward: 10 Carved Glyphs
2M reward: 90 shards of Jon Snow The Old Bear, letting the pre-order player unlock the full character.
3M reward: Another 100 shards of Jon Snow The Old Bear to rank up the player’s character.
In addition, players who pre-order will also receive 10,000 copper pennies, 10 Shards of Jon Snow, and the Knight of the Vale as rewards.
Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall launches on Android starting on April 3rd.
About Behaviour™ Interactive
Behaviour Interactive, Canada’s largest independent game developer and publisher, was founded in 1992. The company boasts over 600 employees in its Montreal studio and more than 200 million downloads. With its award-winning original IP Dead by Daylight™ and the upcoming strategy RPG Game of Thrones Beyond the Wall™, Behaviour continues to grow as a leading global developer. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world’s most renowned brands including Activision, Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Ubisoft and many more. For more information visit: bhvr.com.
GAEA is a global interactive entertainment company with offices in Beijing, San Francisco, Tokyo and Seoul. Founded in September 2014, the company has become one of the fastest growing companies in China, and excels in global game development, game distribution, IP cooperation, and M&A with over 1,000 employees from 12 countries and regions. GAEA has published over 20 games on multiple platforms with over 100 million players, including famous Chinese games Soul Clash and Ace of Arenas in various countries. The company is currently working with CD Projekt Red to publish GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in mainland China and also reinvents renowned IPs such as Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Final Fantasy XV and The Legend of Sword and Fairy.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
PARAMOUNT PICTURES LAUNCHES NEW “PARAMOUNT PRESENTS” LABEL TO CELEBRATE FILMS FROM THE STUDIO’S EXPANSIVE LIBRARY New Banner to Be Used for Specialty Blu-ray™ Releases of Remastered Films and Limited Runs of Classic Titles in Select Theaters
PARAMOUNT PICTURES LAUNCHES NEW “PARAMOUNT PRESENTS” LABEL TO CELEBRATE FILMS FROM THE STUDIO’S EXPANSIVE LIBRARY
New Banner to Be Used for Specialty Blu-ray™ Releases of Remastered Films and Limited Runs of Classic Titles in Select Theaters
HOLLYWOOD, Calif.— March 10, 2020 – Paramount Pictures announced today that it will introduce a new “Paramount Presents” label to recognize and celebrate films from the studio’s vast and storied library. The “Paramount Presents” banner will be used for a new line of collectible Blu-ray Discs™ incorporating a curated selection of enduringly popular movies, as well as films that had a cultural impact upon their release. The label will also be used to bring classic films to select theaters for limited theatrical runs so audiences can experience them again on the big screen.
“Paramount’s library represents over a century of filmmaking and includes some of the greatest films in cinematic history,” said Bob Buchi, president, worldwide home media distribution, Paramount Pictures. “We look forward to opening the vault and sharing some of our most treasured films with fans under the new ‘Paramount Presents’ banner, both in theaters and in our new Blu-ray collection, which has been crafted to offer something special to casual fans, dedicated film enthusiasts, and collectors.” Designed for fans and film lovers, the new line of “Paramount Presents” Blu-ray Discs will include a diverse and eclectic array of films spanning all genres. The new collection will return each title to the spotlight with meticulously remastered releases that include brand new bonus content focused on the filmmakers. Presented in collectible packaging that includes a foldout image of the original movie poster and interior artwork featuring key movie moments, each Blu-ray in the Paramount Presents line features new interviews with filmmakers and/or celebrated film historian Leonard Maltin.
“Movies have the power to hold a mirror up to the world. Sometimes they make us think about big issues and sometimes they simply reflect the times in which they were made,” said Maltin. “The ‘Paramount Presents’ banner encompasses a wide array of films that are worth revisiting because they captured something unique that resonated with audiences. Whether you’re watching them for the first time or the hundredth, you will see why these films have stood the test of time.” The first three films in the “Paramount Presents” Blu-ray line will be the unforgettable phenomenon Fatal Attraction, which has been remastered under the supervision of director Adrian Lyne; 1958’s acclaimed Elvis Presley drama King Creole; and director Alfred Hitchcock’s intoxicating romantic thriller To Catch A Thief, which celebrates its 65th anniversary this year. All three titles will be available beginning April 21, 2020. Fatal Attraction will also have a limited theatrical release in 2020 (details to be announced at a later date). Additional titles scheduled to be released as part of the “Paramount Presents” Blu-ray line include newly remastered editions of Flashdance, Airplane!, and Ghost, as well as several titles arriving on Blu-ray for the first time ever, including Pretty In Pink and The Golden Child.
Monday, March 9, 2020
HBO’s Smash Hit Based on the Best-Selling Novel by the Award-Winning Author, Stephen King THE OUTSIDER: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON Unravel the Mystery on Blu-rayTMand DVD June 9, 2020
Sunday, March 8, 2020
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
Director Wilson Yip and the Legendary Donnie Yen Reunite for the Fourth Chapter of the Critically-Acclaimed Franchise, on Digital April 7and on DVD, Blu-ray Combo Pack & 4K Ultra Blu-ray Combo Pack April 21 Also Available on Digital April 7 as Part of the IP MAN COMPLETE COLLECTION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
“LONG LIVE IP MAN AND DONNIE YEN.”
~ BOSTON HERALD
“A fine farewell - this time they mean it - to Yen's serenely super-skilled sifu.” ~ VARIETY
“Yen’s Ip Man will be sorely missed if this is indeed his last match, but at least he walked into the sunset on an exuberant and heartfelt note.” ~ ROGEREBERT.COM
“… closes out the series with body flips, head punches, smashed furniture and heart.”
~ THE NEW YORK TIMES
IP MAN 4: THE FINALE
Director Wilson Yip and the Legendary Donnie Yen Reunite
Also Available on Digital April 7 as Part of the
IP MAN COMPLETE COLLECTION
PLANO, TEXAS. (March 4, 2020) – Martial arts superstar Donnie Yen (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) reprises his greatest role as the legendary Wing Chun master for Director Wilson Yip (Ip Man franchise) in the grand finale of the revolutionary saga when IP MAN 4: THE FINALE hits Digital April 7 and DVD, Blu-ray Combo and 4K Ultra Blu-ray Combo Pack April 21 from Well Go USA Entertainment. Fans anxious to get the film early can purchase it as part of the IP MAN COMPLETE COLLECTION, available exclusively on Digital April 7. In this final chapter, Ip Man (Yen) travels to San Francisco following the death of his wife, in order to ease tensions between the local kung fu masters and his star student, Bruce Lee, while searching for a better future for his son. Also returning for the final installment of the franchise are Scott Adkins (Wolf Warrior, Doctor Strange) and Kwok-Kwan Chan (Kung Fu League) as Bruce Lee. Bonus features include an English language dub and a “Making-of” featurette.
Donnie Yen reprises his role as the legendary Wing Chun master in the grand finale of the revolutionary martial arts series. Following the death of his wife, Ip Man travels to San Francisco to ease tensions between the local kung fu masters and his star student, Bruce Lee, while searching for a better future for his son. From the action visionary behind Kill Bill and The Matrix, witness the heroic sendoff to the saga that inspired a new wave of martial arts movie fans.
Country of Origin: China
IP MAN 4: THE FINALE has a runtime of approximately 106 minutes and is not rated.