Monday, January 15, 2018

R.E.M. Out Of Time 25TH Anniversary Deluxe Edition Four-Disc Set Review.

Outstanding 25th Anniversary of R.E.M.'s 1991 breakout mainstream pop record. This is pop music as filtered through the band's own Alternative Rock and College Music Country sensibility. There are four  discs in total that come houses in a CD long box size booklet containing liner notes, promotional photography and song lyrics. Disc one is the remastered Out Of Time record and it sounds fantastic and I appreciate the album in a different way now than I did when I was in college. Disc two is an audio CD contains the demo tracks, many of which are instrumental and reminded me of the kind of background music radio DJs on the radio use to talk up a sponsor. The third disc is an acoustic performance recorded at an Athens, GA club in 1991. It sounds a lot like the 1991 MTV Unplugged session. Finally the Blu-ray Disc contains a high resolution 2.0 uncompressed PCM version of Out Of Time as well as a mix of the album in DTS-HD MA 5.1 Surround Sound. All the music videos are presented in high definition as well as an EPK with interviews and performance clips of the band in the studio, relaxed and happy. I love this set. Plan on eventually getting the 25th Anniversary Deluxe set for Automatic For The People and when it comes, Monster. I wish I knew about these sooner. Would love to get the ones for Life's Rich Pageant and Green. This was a Christmas gift from a family member and I love it. Thank you.

(C) Copyright 2018 By Mark A. Rivera
All Rights Reserved.