“AVENGERS: ENDGAME” CRUSHES FANDANGO’S FIRST DAY PRESALES RECORD IN ONLY SIX HOURS
Previous First 24-Hour Sales Record Held by 2015’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”
LOS ANGELES (April 2, 2019) – “Avengers: Endgame” is proving to be the most anticipated movie of our time, crushing Fandango’s first day U.S. sales record (previously held by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens”) within the first six hours of pre-sales.
Advance tickets for “Avengers: Endgame” went on sale on Fandango today at 5:00 am PT/8:00 am ET and within minutes, Fandango saw historic numbers of fans reserving their seats.
Fandango’s new list of top five first day pre-sellers is as follows:
- “Avengers: Endgame” (2019)
- “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (2015)
- “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” (2017)
- “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” (2016)
- “Avengers: Infinity War” (2018)
“’Avengers: Endgame’ sales have exceeded all expectations and surpassed ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens,’ the previous record-holder, to become Fandango’s top-selling title in its first 24 hours of sales, and it accomplished that feat in only 6 hours,” Fandango Managing Editor Erik Davis points out. “We’ve never seen anything like this – it’s truly a groundbreaking accomplishment – as fans simply cannot wait to see how this epic saga comes to a close.”
“Avengers: Endgame” was chosen by several thousand fans at the end of 2018 as the most anticipated movie of 2019, according to a Fandango moviegoer survey.
According to more than 1,000 “Endgame” fans in Fandango’s latest survey:
- 98% say the “Infinity War” cliffhanger is a main factor in their ticket purchase.
- 98% are fans of Marvel’s “shared universe” storytelling.
- 86% can’t wait to see how Captain Marvel factors into “Endgame.”
Post a Comment