Saturday, April 30, 2022
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
THE CELEBRATED COMEDY THAT BECAME A HIT BROADWAY MUSICAL ARRIVES ON BLU-RAY™ FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MAY 31, 2022.
The hilarious and inspiring classic KINKY BOOTSarrives for the first time ever on Blu-ray May 31, 2022from Paramount Home Entertainment.
Featuring a Golden Globe®-nominated* performance by Chiwetel Ejiofor (Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness), as well as terrific performances by Joel Edgerton (The Green Knight), Sarah-Jane Potts (The Chameleon), and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead),KINKY BOOTS is a refreshing, feel-good film that proves the best way to fit in is to stand out. The film was inspired by the real-life story of a family-owned shoe factory in England and ultimately inspired a Broadway musical that earned six Tony Awards, including Best Original Score, Best Actor and Best Musical.
For generations, the Price family has made very sensible, very conservative shoes for men. But to save the business from imminent bankruptcy, young Charlie Price (Edgerton) turns to an unlikely new creative consultant: a fabulous drag performer (Ejiofor) whose creative style and wild designs are a breath of fresh air in the stuffy old factory.
The KINKY BOOTS Blu-ray features access to a digital copy of the film and legacy bonus content, including audio commentary with the director and members of the cast, deleted scenes, and behind-the-scenes featurettes. Bonus material is detailed below:
- Audio commentary with director Julian Jarrold, and stars Joel Edgerton, Chiwetel Ejiofor and Sarah-Jane Potts
- The Real Kinky Boots Factory (SD)
- Deleted Scenes (SD)
- The Journey of a Brogue (SD)
Monday, April 25, 2022
The Paramount+ Original Animated Comedy Series Arrives on Blu-rayTM and DVD on July 12 with Over an Hour of Bonus Features
“A fun sci-fi romp for hardcore Trekkies and non-believers alike”
“...even funnier and nerdier than Season 1”
- Den of Geek!
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (April 25, 2022) – Developed by award winning creator Mike McMahan (“Rick and Morty” and “Solar Opposites”), season two of STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS is bigger, funnier and Star Trekkier than ever before, and arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on July 12 from Paramount+, CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. The “hilarious and awe-inspiring” (The A.V. Club) two-disc collection features over an hour of bonus content, including two exclusive featurettes: “A Sound Foundation” and “Lower Decktionary: Season Two,” and more!
Focusing on the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships, the U.S.S. Cerritos, Ensigns Beckett Mariner (Tawny Newsome, “Space Force”), Brad Boimler (Jack Quaid, “The Boys''), Samanthan Rutherford (Eugene Cordero, “Kong: Skull Island”) and D’Vana Tendi (Noël Wells, “Master of None”) have to keep up with their duties and their social lives, while the
ship is being rocked by a multitude of sci-fi anomalies.
In “a worthy return” (IGN), STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS - SEASON TWO follows their adventures as they deal with changes in group dynamics, chasing promotions, and tons of sci-fi missions. Helming the ship is “Captain Carol Freeman” voiced by Dawnn Lewis (“The Rich & the Ruthless”), alongside “Commander Jack Ransom” voiced by Jerry O’Connell (“Billions''); “Lieutenant Shaxs” voiced by Fred Tatasciore (“American Dad!”); “Doctor T’Ana” voiced by Gillian Vigman (“New Girl''); “Lieutenant Billups” voiced by Paul Scheer (“The League”); and “Lieutenant Kayshon” voiced by Carl Tart (“Jimmy Kimmel Live!”).
The Blu-ray and DVD includes every episode from the action-packed second season, along with over an hour of special features, such as animatics, exclusive featurettes and easter eggs, including:
● A SOUND FOUNDATION - The first season of Lower Decks earned an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Sound Editing for a (half-hour) Comedy or Drama Series, or Animation for the episode “No Small Parts”. As sound for an animated series is particularly important, go behind the scenes in an interview with the team that creates the dynamic audio for Lower Decks while they discuss how they bring the series to life.
● LOWER DECKTIONARY: SEASON TWO - The start of Season Two sees our heroes separated by death and distance. In this featurette, take a deep dive into all things Season Two through interviews with the producers, cast and creatives about developing and executing the characters’ journeys in the second season.
● AUDIO COMMENTARIES:
○ EP 202 "Kayshon, His Eyes Open" by Mike McMahan, Jack Quaid and Jonathan Frakes
○ EP 205 "An Embarrassment of Dooplers" by Mike McMahan and Jack Quaid
○ EP 207 "Where Pleasant Fountains Lie" by Tawny Newsome, Paul Scheer and Garrick Bernard
○ EP 209 "wej Duj" by Mike McMahan, Gabrielle Ruiz and Kathryn Lyn
● SEASON TWO EASTER EGGS (Episodes 201-210)
● SEASON TWO ANIMATICS (Episodes 201-210)
Alex Kurtzman (Secret Hideout), Aaron Baiers (Secret Hideout), Heather Kadin, Rod Roddenberry (Roddenberry Entertainment), Trevor Roth (Roddenberry Entertainment) and Katie Krentz (219 Productions) serve as executive producers, alongside creator and showrunner Mike McMahan. STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS: SEASON TWO also guest stars Jonathan Frakes (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”), Jeffrey Combs (“Star Trek: Deep Space Nine”) and Lycia Naff (“Star Trek: The Next Generation”).
● Episode 201: "Strange Energies"
● Episode 202: "Kayshon, His Eyes Open"
● Episode 203: “We'll Always Have Tom Paris”
● Episode 204: “Mugato, Gumato”
● Episode 205: “An Embarrassment of Dooplers”
● Episode 206: “The Spy Humongous”
● Episode 207: “Where Pleasant Fountains Lie”
● Episode 208: “I, Excretus”
● Episode 209: “wej Duj”
● Episode 210: “First First Contact”
STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS - SEASON TWO is produced by CBS’ Eye Animation Productions, CBS Studios’ animation arm; Secret Hideout; and Roddenberry Entertainment. Titmouse, the Emmy Award-winning independent animation production company, serves as the animation studio for the series. The series streams exclusively on Paramount+ in the U.S. and Latin America is distributed concurrently by ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
The STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS - SEASON TWO Blu-ray and DVD are presented in widescreen format with English SDH subtitles. The Blu-ray offers English 5.1 DTS-HD master audio and French 5.1 Dolby Digital audio, while the DVD offers English 5.1 Dolby Digital audio.
Paramount+, a direct-to-consumer digital subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, combines live
sports, breaking news, and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library
of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production
studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures, and the Smithsonian Channel.
The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from
golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of
the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS
stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news
and analysis, and ET Live for entertainment coverage.
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment, is a unit of Paramount (NASDAQ: PARA, PARAA), a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group.
CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all
lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from
Showtime Networks. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.
Thursday, April 21, 2022
The Four-Part Documentary Directed By Angel Manuel Soto And Kristofer Ríos Will Premiere At The 2022 Tribeca Festival June 11
- The four-part Max Original documentary MENUDO: FOREVER YOUNG, from filmmakers Angel Manuel Soto (Max Original “Charm City Kings”) and Kristofer Ríos (“Havana Skate Days”), debuts with all episodes on THURSDAY, JUNE 23 on HBO Max.
- The documentary will have its world premiere at the 2022 Tribeca Festival on June 11 in New York.
- Logline: MENUDO: FOREVER YOUNG chronicles the rise and fall of the most iconic Latin American boy band in history, bringing viewers into the world of the popular teen idols’ global tours, magazine covers, ‘80s outfits, and screaming fangirls. But the four-part documentary reveals that behind the glitz and glamour was a web of abuse and exploitation at the hands of the band’s manager, Edgardo Diaz. Through revealing interviews with former Menudo members, the film examines how this extravagant facade was disguising serious wrongdoings by Diaz.
- Angel Manuel Soto quote: “The Puerto Rican diaspora in New York played a critical role in the success of Menudo and its crossover in the US, shutting down traffic for blocks surrounding the band’s hotel and selling out Madison Square Garden on multiple occasions. We couldn’t be more excited to premiere this series in their backyard at TriBeCa and honor their contribution to the band’s legacy.”
- Credits: Executive producers are Cristina Costantini and Jeff Plunkett of Muck Media, Alex Fumero of Trojan Horse, Bryn Mooser and Justin Lacob of XTR, and Angel Manuel Soto; co-executive producers are Maura Anderson and Kristofer Rios. Directors are Angel Manuel Soto (E1-E4) and Kristofer Rios (E3, E4).
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Sony Music Entertainment and Trafalgar Releasing Present GEORGE MICHÆL FREEDOM UNCUT His Final Work This feature-length documentary will be released as a global cinema event on Wednesday, June 22nd Tickets on sale in cinemas worldwide from Wednesday, April 27th
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
With even more romance and rock ‘n’ roll, the musical extravaganza GREASE 2 celebrates its 40th anniversary with a Limited-Edition Blu-ray SteelBook on June 7, 2022 from Paramount Home Entertainment.
The highly anticipated follow up to the smash hitGrease, GREASE 2 was originally released on June 11, 1982. Michelle Pfeiffer dazzles in a role that helped launch her to stardom and Maxwell Caulfield shines in his feature film debut. The two star as high school students from very different backgrounds who find love despite the expectations of everyone around them. This upbeat and campy ode to teenage romance dances to its own beat, gaining fans and cult-movie status four decades later.
It’s 1961 and there’s a new crop of seniors ready to rule rockin’ Rydell High, including the coolest cliques on campus—the Pink Ladies and T-Birds. Michael Carrington (Caulfield) is the new kid in town, but he’s been branded a brainiac. Can he fix up an old motorcycle, don a leather jacket, and avoid a rumble with the leader of the T-Birds (Adrian Zmed) to win the heart of Pink Lady Stephanie Zinone (Pfeiffer)? This cool rider is surely going to try!
The GREASE 2 Blu-ray SteelBook includes access to a digital copy of the film.