Saturday, December 31, 2016
Top Ten American Genre Programs Of 2016.
Friday, December 30, 2016
My Top Ten Feature Films Released In The States For 2016.
Thursday, December 8, 2016
We'll be away possibly until after the holiday.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Happy Holidays! Give The Gift Of Reading.
THE GAME AWARDS LIVE VIEWERSHIP INCREASES 65% YEAR OVER YEAR
THE GAME AWARDS LIVE VIEWERSHIP INCREASES 65% YEAR OVER YEAR
THE GAMING INDUSTRY'S ANNUAL AWARDS SHOW DELIVERS 3.8 MILLION LIVE STREAMS DURING THE 2.5 HOUR BROADCAST WINDOW, UP FROM 2.3 MILLION LIVE STREAMS IN 2015.
Los Angeles (December 6, 2016) – Today, The Game Awards announced that its 2016 broadcast set new records for live viewership and social conversation. Continuing its digital-first approach to distribution, the Game Awards 2016 show featured highlight moments includingHideo Kojima receiving the industry icon award, Michael Phelps presenting Best eSports Player award, and performances by Run the Jewels, Rae Sremmurd, and the soundtrack of Doom.
The Game Awards 2016 aired live across a record number of screens and platforms including Twitch, the first live 4K event broadcast on YouTube, Twitter Live, Facebook Live, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Steam, IGN, GameSpot, NicoNico in Japan, Tencent in China, and Next VR.
Live viewership results for December 1, 2016 are as follows:
· The Game Awards 2016 live viewership was up 65% YOY to 3.8 million live streams across the 2.5 hours of the program + pre-show. This is up from 2.3 million live streams in 2015, and 1.9 million live streams in 2014. In addition to significant viewership gains on most distribution partners, The Game Awards distribution in China accounted for nearly a million additional live viewers. You can watch the full Chinese broadcast, in partnership with Tencent, here: https://v.qq.com/x/cover/perwhipjyk8artk/w0022nd6hug.html
· On Twitter, #thegameawards was the #1 worldwide trend throughout the entire broadcast, eclipsing Thursday Night Football. Usage of #thegameawards hashtag was up 50% year-over-year, generating 5.2 million tweets around The Game Awards and related conversation. (Source: Twitter)
· Snapchat: In just 24 hours, The Game Awards Snapchat Live Story was seen by over 5 million unduplicated unique users around the world. (Source: Snapchat)
· VOD Performance: In the first 24 hours after initial airing, direct VOD clips from the show were seen over 15 million times across Twitter, YouTube and Facebook, with the live playback of the full show generating another 4 million additional views on YouTube, Facebook and Tencent.
Watch the full show in 4K on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9O7N3GkG_o
Monday, December 5, 2016
Jan 3 PBS: By Sidney Lumet - American Masters S31 premiere+new interview
Friday, December 2, 2016
TBS Heads into Final Space with New Animated Comedy from Olan Rogers
TBS Heads into Final Space with New Animated Comedy from Olan Rogers
Preview Available at https://youtu.be/Q9-kTCX3evM
Turner's TBS has greenlit the new animated series Final Space, an interstellar comedy created by independent filmmaker, actor, comedian and entrepreneur Olan Rogers. Slated to launch in 2018, Final Space is being produced by Conan O'Brien's Conaco and New Form, in association with Turner's Studio T. Rogers and creative partner David Sacks will write the episodes, executive-producing them along with O'Brien, David Kissinger, Larry Sullivan and Jeff Ross of Conaco and Kathleen Grace, Melissa Schneider and Matt Hoklotubbe of New Form.
Part of TBS's continued push into animation, Final Space is a serialized intergalactic space saga about an astronaut named Gary and his adorable, planet-destroying friend, Mooncake. The series will follow their adventures as they embark on a quest to unlock the mystery of "Final Space," the place where the entire universe ends.
"Olan pitched us Final Space voicing all the characters and dancing around the conference room," said Thom Hinkle, senior vice president of original programming for TBS. "It was kind of like a comedic Moon – genuinely funny and oddly heartfelt. We bought it in the room. So did other networks. We're glad he chose us. XO."
Rogers created a short, seven-minute pilot for Final Space funded by New Form and released as part of their Incubator 3 Series in April. The short quickly caught the attention of O'Brien, who then invited the Nashville-based filmmaker to Los Angeles to bring Final Space to TBS. In addition to this new series, Rogers sells apparel through Olan Rogers Supply and recently celebrated the grand re-opening of his Nashville shop, The Soda Parlor.
Final Space marks the 10th new comedy series to be added to the TBS slate since the network began an extensive and highly successful brand evolution in January. TBS's unprecedented string of hits launched this year includes Angie Tribeca, The Detour, Wrecked, People of Earth (also from Conaco TV), Search Party and the buzz-generating late-night powerhouse Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.
On the animation front, Final Spacejoins a slate that includes TBS's iconic hit American Dad!, which is currently in its 12th season on Monday nights, and Tarantula, a dark comedy about the residents of a seedy hotel, scheduled to launch in 2017.
The Handmaid's Tale First Look Photos
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
DC's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW News, Digital First Sale, New Comics & More!
DC All Access Episodes - The Flash, Injustice: Ground Zero, DC Super Hero Girls
If you've ever wondered how Harley Quinn views the world, then you might think about adding Injustice: Ground Zero to your digital pull list. In this DC All Access comics clip, we talk to writer Chris Sebela about this new digital first comic that tells the story of Injustice from Harley Quinn's point of view. In a world where heroes are villains, can Harley actually be a force for good? Crazier things have happened, puddin'.
The Flash Clip + DC Super Hero Girls LEGOs
DC All Access is ready to dominate! In today's all new episode, we take a look at an exclusive clip from tonight's spectacular episode of The Flash, which kicks off the three-part "Invasion" crossover. Plus, we look at some of this week's must-have new comics, enjoy a clip from the new episode of DC Super Hero Girls, and give one lucky fan the chance to walk away with the massive Batman: The Animated Series Batwing from DC Collectibles.
That's right...the wait is finally over! The four-part #DCTV crossover has arrived, and Hector's here to let you know what to expect (and also mess with reality a little bit...like you do). Supergirl sets the stage, but things really explode in this week's Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow with an all out alien invasion featuring the Dominators! Will our heroes triumph? Or will we all be speaking Dominatish next week? Watch and find out!
Monday, November 21, 2016
Let your friends and loved ones know you are okay.
Sunday, November 20, 2016
Happy Thanksgiving 2016!
Friday, November 18, 2016
THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS IS COMING SOON TO BLU-RAY, DIGITAL COPY & MORE!
Universal City, California – This holiday season, the answer to the question “Ever wonder what your pets do when you’re not home?” is answered when The Secret Life of Pets comes to Digital HD November 22, 2016and 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™ 3D, Blu-ray™, DVD and On Demand December 6, 2016 from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The humans behind the Despicable Me franchise present America’s top-grossing original film of the year, the animated comedy is a worldwide hit with over $834 million in global ticket sales. The Secret Life of Pets is “non-stop action and laughs,” says Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. The 4K Ultra HD™, Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD versions feature nearly an hour of bonus content, including three hilarious mini-movies: the all-new Norman Televisionand Weenie PLUS Mower Minions which debuted in theaters and is now available to own.
In their fifth fully animated feature-film collaboration, Illumination Entertainment and Universal Pictures present The Secret Life of Pets, a comedy about the lives our pets lead when we leave for work or school. Max, voiced by Louis C.K., is a loyal terrier living a perfectly happy existence until his owner, Katie (Ellie Kemper) brings home Duke (Eric Stonestreet) a big, boisterous mutt she finds at the shelter. When Max and his unruly new “roommate” slip away from their dog-walker, they find themselves lost in the urban jungle of New York City. In an attempt to stay ahead of animal control and a rebel band of abandoned pets led by an unhinged bunny named Snowball (Kevin Hart), they put aside their differences to survive the epic journey back home.
With an all-star voice cast including Louis C.K. (TV’s Louie), Eric Stonestreet (TV’s Modern Family), Kevin Hart (Ride Along Series), Jenny Slate (Zootopia), Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt), Lake Bell (TV’sChildren’s Hospital), Dana Carvey (Wayne’s World), Hannibal Buress (Neighbors series), Bobby Moynihan (TV’s “Saturday Night Live”), Steve Coogan (Minions) and Albert Brooks (Finding Dory). The film is directed by Chris Renaud (Despicable Me franchise, Dr. Seuss’ the Lorax) and co-directed by Yarrow Cheney (Despicable Me franchise).
4K ULTRA HD™
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD™ in a combo pack which includes 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, Blu-ray™ and Digital HD with UltraViolet. The 4K Ultra HD™ will include all bonus features on the Blu-ray™ disc.
- 4K Ultra HD™ is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HDTM features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DIGITAL HD with UltraViolet™ lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- How to Make an Animated Film – A behind-the-scenes look at how to make an animated film from the various departments that make up Illumination.
- Anatomy of a Scene – Filmmakers and animators take us through the multi-step process it takes to create a specific scene in the Secret Life of Pets
- Norman Television
- Mower Minions
- All About The Pets – Kevin Hart and Eric Stonestreet, with the help of animal trainer Molly Mignon O’Neill take you on an educational journey to learn more about your average and not-so average, household pets.
- Animals Can Talk: Meet The Actors – The comedy superstars who give voice to the film’s menagerie of characters talk about their roles and the process of bringing them to life.
- Hairstylist To The Dogs – Inspired by “Hairspray Live!,” Eric Stonestreet, with the help of a professional dog groomer Jess Rona, will take you through the basic steps to help your pups look as awesome as possible when they’re hanging out with their pet pals.
- The Best Of Snowball – A rapid-fire, fun and oddly musical mash-up of all the best Snowball one-liners
- Hot Dog Sing-Along – Join Max and Duke as they perform for their dinner in the sausage factory. This straightforward sing along is fun for the whole family to enjoy.
- Sing Trailer
- “Lovely Day” Lyric Video
- The Humans that Brought You Pets – Producers Chris Meledandri and Janet Healy, directors Chris Renaud and Yarrow Cheney, and writer Brian Lynch discuss what went into creating The Secret Life of Pet’s compelling characters and non-stop action.
- GoPro®: The Secret Life of Pets
- The Making of the Mini-Movies – A fun and interesting take on the Making of the Mini-Movies – we’ll explore the themes of each of the mini-movies through the eyes of the artists who made them.
THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES: SEASON ONE BLU-RAY ON DECEMBER 6, 2016.
THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES: SEASON ONE
Street date: December 6, 2016
Synopsis: Based on the 26-volume book series by Terry Brooks, The Shannara Chronicles tells the epic story of an Elvin princess, a bandit, and a half-Elf tasked with stopping the end of the world. Created and executive produced by Alfred Gough & Miles Millar ('Smallville') and executive produced by Jon Favreau (Iron Man), the series is shot against the epic landscapes of New Zealand.
Audio & Subtitles:
· 5.1 Dolby TrueHD & Dolby Digital Stereo
· English SDH Subtitles
· Behind the Scenes
· Exploring New Zealand
· Terry Brooks Interview
· Making of the Dagda Mor
Thursday, November 17, 2016
NEXT WEEK ON SYFY...
The Quiet Earth Comes To Earth For The First Time On Blu-ray Disc!
REBORN hits big, sent back to print
Image Comics has fast-tracked the first two issues of the breakout hit series from Mark Millar (Kingsman: The Secret Service) and Greg Capullo (Batman) for more printings in order to keep up with the skyrocketing customer demand.
REBORN #1 asks: Where do you go when you die? Not heaven or hell; somewhere else. Somewhere you have to fight to survive. Somewhere the people from the past are waiting for you—the good and the bad.
In REBORN #2 the epic sci-fi fantasy story continues. After her death, Bonnie is reborn in Adystria and has a sword thrust into her hand. As the evils within the Dark Lands get stronger, she is Adystria's only hope: their savior.
REBORN remains available for purchase across all digital platforms, including the Image Comics website (imagecomics.com), the official Image Comics iOS app, Comixology’s website (comixology.com), iOS, Android, and Google Play.
The following will be available on Wednesday, December 14th. The final order cutoff deadline for retailers is Monday, November 21st:
REBORN #1, 3rd printing (Diamond Code OCT168148)
REBORN #2, 2nd printing (Diamond Code OCT168210)
REBORN #3 Cover A by Capullo (Diamond Code OCT160627)
REBORN #3 CVR B Capullo Sketch variant (Diamond Code OCT160628)
REBORN #3 CVR C by Capullo (Diamond Code OCT160629)
REBORN #3 CVR D by Garner (Diamond Code OCT160630
Image Comics announces 25¢ issues in celebration of 25th anniversary.