This July, the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, invites New Yorkers to celebrate Bastille Day at the movies!
· As part of its CinéSalon series Jean-Claude Carrière: Writing the Impossible, FIAF will present Danton on Tuesday, July 14 at 4 & 7:30pm. The fiery passions that instigated the French Revolution come to life in Andrzej Wajda’svivid 1983 historical thriller starring Gérard Depardieu as the titular man-of-the-people who engages fellow French revolutionary Maximilien Robespierre (Wojciech Pszoniak) in a fiery ideological struggle.
For more information, visit:fiaf.org/events/spring2015/2015-06-23-cs-danton
Bring the whole family to FIAF’s Bastille Day on 60th Street, New York’s biggest and liveliest Frenchfête, on Sunday, July 12 from 12:30 to 5pm for screenings of award-winning, animated French films. Kids and parents will enjoy Five Shorts by Michel Ocelot,Animated Shorts from Poitou-Charentes, and the feature filmMinuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants, all free and open to the public!
For more information, visit:www.bastilledayny.com/films
About FIAF’s Bastille Day on 60th Street
The French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), New York’s premiere French cultural center, is thrilled to present Bastille Day on 60th Street, New York’s biggest and liveliest French fête, on Sunday, July 12 from noon to 5pm, over a three block stretch on 60th Street.
This year’s highlights include:
· New! Martinique’s Arpège Choir in their New York City début.
· New! French-American electro-swing group Ginkgoa, French singer-songwriter Benjamin Swax, and DJ Ol’ Stark.
· Delightful performances from our gorgeous can-can dancers, the jubilant Hungry March Band, and more!
· New! Sample the crème-de-la-crème of French bubbly at an exclusive Champagne & Chocolate Tasting!
· Wine, Cheese, Cocktails, and Beer Tasting! Sip delicious whites, reds, and rosés from the legendary vineyards of Bordeaux!
· New! Free screenings of award-winning French films for kids!
· New! Free cooking and art workshops for kids!
· Fabulous prize drawing, free French Workshops, Kids’ Corner, “Pop-Up” Library, a mime, classic Citroën cars, and more!
The best in French cuisine!
· A feast of French delicacies from François Payard Bakery, Épicerie Boulud, DBGB Kitchen and Bar, Financier Pâtisserie, and more!
Post a Comment