This July, the French Institute Alliance Française (FIAF), is delighted to honor one of France’s most beloved actors with the special CinéSalon series A Salute to Vincent Lindon.
With an impressive career spanning over 40 films and five César nominations, Vincent Lindon is one of France’s most sought-after leading men. An intensely physical actor, Lindon’s performances exude a subtle intensity and stoic masculinity that have evoked comparisons to earlier French cinematic icons like Lino Ventura and Jean Gabin.
Working with a diversity of directors, from Claude Chabrol and Benoît Jacquot to Diane Kurys and Claire Denis, and across a variety of genres, Lindon has often favored films exploring social issues. He has inhabited a wide range of roles, from construction worker to doctor, to ex-convict and swimming instructor, frequently playing working-class heroes. A Salute to Vincent Lindon presents seven of Lindon’s recent films, highlighting the breadth of his talent.
· Augustine, dir. Alice Winocour,Tuesday, July 1 at 4 & 7 :30pm.
· Mademoiselle Chambon, dir. Stéphane Brizé, Tuesday, July 8 at 4pm.
· Pater, dir. Alain Cavalier, Tuesday, July 8 at 7:30pm
· New York Premiere! Anything for Her, dir. Fred Cavayé, Tuesday, July 15 at 4 & 7:30pm.
· Welcome, dir. Philippe Lioret,Tuesday, July 22 at 4pm.
· Friday Night, dir. Claire Denis,Tuesday, July 22 at 7:30pm.
· New York Premiere! A Few Hours of Spring, dir. Stéphane Brizé, Tuesday, July 29 at 4 &7:30pm.
Post a Comment