Thursday, January 31, 2019
The following is a general email I imagine everyone got and it says everything one needs to know clearly so check it out and if you did not get one, check your spam or junk mail boxes.
We are writing to inform you that the UltraViolet service is planning to shut down on July 31, 2019. You are receiving this message because you signed up for an UltraViolet Library or for a service that created an UltraViolet Library for you.
- Between January 31 and July 31, 2019
- You can continue to access your UltraViolet movies and TV shows through the retailer(s) linked to your UltraViolet Library.
- You can also continue to purchase new movies and TV shows and redeem digital codes by following the redemption instructions. Depending on the retailer, these new purchases and redemptions may or may not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
- Linking your UltraViolet Library to additional retailers can maximize your access to your Library and help avoid potential disruption.
- After the shutdown date
- Your UltraViolet Library will automatically close and, in the majority of cases, your movies and TV shows will remain accessible at previously-linked retailers.
- You can continue to make online purchases and redeem codes, but these may only be available through that retailer, and will not be added to your UltraViolet Library.
- As soon as possible, login at myuv.com and choose Retailer Services to verify the retailers linked to your UltraViolet Library. If your Library is not currently linked to a retailer or if you would like to link to additional participating retailers, select one or more retailers to link to your UltraViolet Library.
- Don't unlink or close your UltraViolet Library, as UltraViolet and retailers will be working together to maximize your continued access to movies and TV shows.
Look for further communications from UltraViolet and your retailers over the coming months, as some retailers may disconnect from UltraViolet before July 31.
Some details may be updated, so visit myuv.com/faq often for the most current information and answers to frequently asked questions.
Thank you for making UltraViolet part of how you enjoy digital entertainment. Please do not hesitate to contact customer support at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
The UltraViolet Team
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Heartland Film Signs Gender Parity Pledge and First Top-Level Partnership with Alliance of Women Directors
Heartland Film Signs Gender Parity Pledge and First Top-Level Partnership with Alliance of Women Directors
Nonprofit commits to gender parity in programming for both the Heartland International Film Festival and Academy Award®-qualifying Indy Shorts International Film Festival
INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- Heartland Film Inc., the nonprofit organizer of the 28th Annual Heartland International Film Festival (October 10-20, 2019) and Academy Award®-qualifying Indy Shorts International Film Festival (July 25-28, 2019) has officially signed on to the 5050x2020 parity pledge. Both festivals will reach gender parity in both film lineups by 2020 but intends to beat that goal with parity across 2019 selections. Additionally, Heartland Film will make available statistics regarding the gender parity of its selection committees, submitting filmmakers, and selected filmmakers.
“Gender disparity in the film industry continues to be an important yet dismissed epidemic; it is easy to say the problem is bigger than one organization or person’s decision, but that is simply not true,” explained Heartland Film Director of Film Programming, Greg Sorvig. “Film festivals need to consider gender parity as a standard right alongside technical quality, story, and genre when rounding out its program. By committing to the 5050x2020 pledge and partnering with Alliance of Women Directors, Heartland Film is taking a stand for what is right. My hope is that our colleagues in the industry will join us and other top-tier film festivals around the world in making this change.”
In its 2018 programming, 4 out of 5 top Grand Prize winners--accounting for more than $70,000 in cash prizes and an Academy Award®-qualifying shorts category--were directed by women and more than 50 percent of jury members and screening committee members were female. In total, female-led productions accounted for 38 percent of the overall programming for both festivals and additional panel discussions were offered to draw attention to the cause.
“A common myth is that women aren’t making films or they’re not submitting to festivals,” said Heartland Film Film Programming Coordinator Julia Ricci. “That is far from the truth. The talent is out there and they have something to say; it is important for film festivals to amplify these voices and provide equal opportunity across the board. Heartland’s track record of recognizing and honoring female filmmakers is growing stronger each year, and I’m thrilled that we are officially committing to this initiative."
Beyond the 5050x2020 pledge, Heartland Film has formed an official partnership with the Alliance of Women Directors (AWD) based in Los Angeles. Heartland Film is the first organization to commit to the Dorothy Arzner Partnership, AWD’s top partner level which guarantees a programmed block of AWD films and complimentary submission waivers for all AWD members. Indy Shorts will feature a block of AWD member-directed short films this July.
"Alliance of Women Director's partnership with Heartland Film exemplifies the synergistic efforts between filmmakers and festivals that can lead to real change in the industry,” said AWD Founder and Chairperson Jennifer Warren. “We are thrilled that our members will have the opportunity to work with this outstanding organization which supports women filmmakers and understands that representation matters."
As a founding member of the Film Festival Alliance, a nonprofit networking organization that develops and fosters collaboration among mission-driven film festivals across North America, Heartland Film shares a growing commitment to gender parity:
“Film Festival Alliance represents more than 160 mission-driven festivals, who as a collective, are dedicated to equal representation within our organizations and the film festival industry as a whole,” said Executive Director Lela Meadow-Conner. "Throughout 2019 and beyond, we will be introducing additional resources for our membership, that advocate for greater accessibility to inclusive programming for both festivals and filmmakers; as well as addressing intersectionality initiatives as they obtain to organizational leadership. We are proud of our founding member Heartland Film for taking the important steps to prioritize parity within their film festival programming.”
Call for entries for the 28th Annual Heartland International Film Festival (feature films 41 minutes plus) and 2nd Annual Indy Shorts International Film Festival (short films 40 minutes or less) are now open. More information can be found at http://heartlandfilm.org/festival/submit/.
Monday, January 28, 2019
Two men from different worlds form an unexpected friendship in the incredibly moving film Green Book, coming to Digital February 19, 2019 and Blu-ray™ March 12, 2019.
- Virtuoso Performances – Go behind the scenes with Viggo Mortensen and Mahershala Ali as they discuss their characters and the lengths they went to accurately portray them.
- An Unforgettable Friendship – Cast and filmmakers discuss the friendship between Don Shirley and Tony Lip.
- Going Beyond the Green Book – Filmmakers and cast discuss the significance of The Green Book.
- 4K Ultra HD is the ultimate movie watching experience. 4K Ultra HD features the combination of 4K resolution for four times sharper picture than HD, the color brilliance of High Dynamic Range (HDR) with immersive audio delivering a multidimensional sound experience.
- Blu-rayTM unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- Digital lets fans watch movies anywhere on their favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download.
- MOVIES ANYWHERE is the digital app that simplifies and enhances the digital movie collection and viewing experience by allowing consumers to access their favorite digital movies in one place when purchased or redeemed through participating digital retailers. Consumers can also redeem digital copy codes found in eligible Blu-rayTM and DVD disc packages from participating studios and stream or download them through Movies Anywhere. MOVIES ANYWHERE is only available in the United States. For more information, visit https://moviesanywhere.com.
Friday, January 25, 2019
Thursday, January 24, 2019
Discover More Gem Secrets With
STEVEN UNIVERSE: SEASON 2
ARRIVING ON BLU-RAY & DVD APRIL 16
And... Dropping APRIL 12
STEVEN UNIVERSE SOUNDTRACK: VOLUME 2
Rediscover the sophomore season of Cartoon Network's award-winning series, Steven Universe when it arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on April 16.
Featuring all 22 episodes, the release also includes exclusive animatics from select episodes like “The Answer,” “Sword to the Sword,” “We Need To Talk” and “Love Letters,” among others.
Plus, an exclusive Garnet fusion keychain is enclosed in every DVD disc package!
Season Two introduces Garnet for the first time and takes Steven Universe and the Crystal Gems on new adventures that explore love, friendship, Yellow Diamond’s plan for Earth, Peridot’s change of heart and more!
Christopher Meloni and Elizabeth Reaser will guest star as Commander Winslow and Mrs. Winslow in season three of The Handmaid’s Tale.
- Christopher Meloni (Happy!, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit) and Elizabeth Reaser (The Haunting of Hill House) have been cast as Commander Winslow and Mrs. Winslow in The Handmaid’s Tale, which airs on Hulu and is currently in production on its third season.
- Commander Winslow (Meloni) is a powerful and magnetic Commander who hosts the Waterfords on an important trip.
- Mrs. Winslow (Reaser) is Commander Winslow's wife, who becomes a friend and inspiration to Serena Joy.
- Reaser is repped by UTA and Stone, Genow, Smelkinson, Binder & Christopher. Meloni is repped by Industry Entertainment and Gersh.
- Reaser’s headshot can be found here. Photo credit: Kevin Scanlon
- The series stars Elisabeth Moss, Joseph Fiennes, Yvonne Strahovski, Alexis Bledel, Madeline Brewer, Ann Dowd, O-T Fagbenle, Max Minghella, Samira Wiley, and Bradley Whitford.
- The series is created for television by Bruce Miller, who serves as the series’ showrunner and an executive producer. The series is also executive produced by Warren Littlefield, Elisabeth Moss, Daniel Wilson, Fran Sears, Ilene Chaiken, Eric Tuchman, Mike Barker.
- Season Three of The Handmaid’s Tale is driven by June’s resistance to the dystopian regime of Gilead and her struggle to strike back against overwhelming odds. Startling reunions, betrayals, and a journey to the terrifying heart of Gilead force all characters to take a stand, guided by one defiant prayer: “Blessed be the fight.”
- The Handmaid’s Tale is an eleven-time Emmy Award-winning drama series and has garnered numerous prestigious awards to date, including a 2018 Peabody Award and a BAFTA Award.
- The Handmaid’s Tale is produced by MGM Television and internationally distributed by MGM.
Saturday, January 19, 2019
Tuesday, January 15, 2019
MARK WAHLBERG AND ROSE BYRNE DIVE HEADFIRST INTO PARENTING IN THE HILARIOUS FAMILY COMEDY INSTANT FAMILY Bring It Home on Digital February 19, 2019 Blu-ray™ Combo Pack Debuts March 5.
Bring It Home on Digital February 19, 2019
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – “Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne make a wonderful comedy tag-team” (Mara Reinstein, US Weekly) in the “hilarious and heartwarming” (Katie Walsh, Los Angeles Times) INSTANT FAMILY, arriving on Digital February 19, 2019 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD March 5 from Paramount Home Media Distribution.
"The perfect movie to watch with your family” (Erik Davis, Fandango), INSTANT FAMILYon Digital* and Blu-ray Combo Pack comes loaded with more than an hour of laugh-out-loud and uplifting bonus material. Go behind the scenes and see how the cast and crew brought the story to life, and meet writer/director Sean Anders’ real-life family, who served as the inspiration for the film. Plus, watch hysterical deleted and extended scenes and an uproarious gag reel; enjoy commentary with Anders and writer John Morris; and so much more!
When Pete (Mark Wahlberg) and Ellie (Rose Byrne) choose to start a family, they stumble headfirst into the world of foster care adoption. After they learn their perfect foster child comes with two other siblings, Pete and Ellie find themselves speeding from zero to three kids overnight and must hilariously learn the ropes of instant parenthood if they hope to become a real family. Inspired by a true story, INSTANT FAMILY also stars Isabela Moner, Margo Martindale, Julie Hagerty, and Octavia Spencer.
The INSTANT FAMILY Blu-ray Combo pack includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as the following:
· Feature film in high definition
· Bonus Content:
o Deleted & Extended Scenes
§ Introduction by Sean Anders and John Morris
o Gag Reel
o Commentary by director/writer Sean Anders and writer John Morris
o Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It—Behind the scenes with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne
o Kid Power—Meet the talented young cast
o I Need Some Support—Octavia Spencer and Tig Notaro guide a group of parents through the laughter and tears of foster care
o Order in the Court—Inside one of the film’s most heartfelt moments
o The Families Behind the Fair—Hear from real foster families
o Crew Inspiration—Crew members share their own foster care stories
o The Anders Family—The real-life inspiration for the film
o Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” – Promotional Music Video
o On Set Proposal—A surprising wedding proposal from one crew member to another
· Feature film in standard definition
The INSTANT FAMILY single-disc DVD includes the feature film in standard definition.